Thread: ACPI Suspend/Resume Problem

Just burned his ISO

Default ACPI Suspend/Resume Problem

Hi there;

i have installed BT3Final on my Toshiba Portege R205.
    but i could not configure hibernate/resume/sleep.
    when i open Power Control> Laptop Battery and go to Button Actions, it says i should enable ACPI suspend/resume.
    i went to ACPI Configuration and checked all the boxes, applied and hit ok, closed and opened Power Control Again, but it still says the same thing about enabling ACPI suspend/resume.

Note:i had BT2 and BT1 installed on this laptop before, they both worked like a charm with hibernate and suspend.

When i close the LID or press Power Button, nothing happens at all, i.e the action is not trapped at all.

using some advice, i have modified rc.modules to load the following drivers, {ac,battery,fan,thermal,processor,toshiba_acpi}

things have changed a bit since i did this, now when i open Power Control>Laptop Battery, there is one added tab "Default Power Profiles"
    and in Button Actions, it does not ask me to enable ACPI anymore, instead it displays two boxes to control brightness in Powered and Not Powered Modes, but i still can't see or activate hibernate and suspend.

Note: in ACPI Config, when i press Setup Helper Application, it says "The /usr/bin/klaptop_acpi_helper application does not seem to have the same size or checksum as when it was compiled" so i choose to Run Neverthless, then it says "You will need to supply a root password to allow the privileges of the klaptop_acpi-helper to change", then i click OK, it just closes and does not ask me for a password, and nothing changes.

i appreciate any advice.

Just burned his ISO

I just so happen to be having this problem with my machine. Sadly, (Pathetically, to some) I'm somewhat new to linux. I'd like to think I'm a quick learner though!

I've gotten BT3 and XP configured for a dual-boot, and it would be nice if I could suspend my system while running BT3.

I've got a Compaq Evo N600c, with an intel 2200 BG card, currently. Aside from ACPI, it runs BT3 flawlessly.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a fix?