Thread: I cannot get backtrack connected to internet

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb I cannot get backtrack connected to internet

Hi,

Im a newbie, so be patient

Im using the vmware version of backtrack. I start it without problems but i cannot connect to internet. Im using the l0 device. Its the default one, i think. With backtrack 3b i didn't have this problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hexbase View Post
    Hi,

Im using the vmware version of backtrack. I start it without problems but i cannot connect to internet. Im using the l0 device. Its the default one, i think. With backtrack 3b i didn't have this problem.

Thanks
    Is the vmware player set to share the internet connection?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by hexbase View Post
    Hi,

Yeah I would check your VM settings first, as BT3 get it's device list from what VM provides based on what you have or tell it what you want to have.

Just burned his ISO

Default Internet access

Quote Originally Posted by chmod View Post
    Yeah I would check your VM settings first, as BT3 get it's device list from what VM provides based on what you have or tell it what you want to have.
    You may want to check to make sure that you are using bridged networking so your virtual adapter can pull its own IP address from your DHCP pool.

For that matter you may want to make sure you have settings. The standard commands still apply in a vm.

ifconfig eth0 up
    dhcpcd eth0

etc...

the lo interface is the loopback interface, use the eth0 interface instead.

or ath0 if you have the Atheros wifi.

The command ifconfig -a will tell you all of your interface devices, even if they are powered down.
    ThinkPad T400