Thread: Signal Strength

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Signal Strength

HAVe been all over the forums... see there is much talk/work out there on the Broadcom 4311. I am a newbie. Do not know much about injecting. I have a file, from another computer, that I need to work on a computer with the 4311. There is a 1 word liner in the bin file that wont work
    "set_prsmhdr" - Something to do with the packet header ?

My program display all the norm - ssid, channel, protection, band, AND signal strength.. SO my problem is I have zeros for sig strength. Every sig strength is zero - But I know my card can display signal strength because I see it do it in other programs for vista.

Please Help !

Quote Originally Posted by clcardio71 View Post
    But I know my card can display signal strength because I see it do it in other programs for vista.
    Do not confuse what your card is able to do with what the driver supports. Although the card naturally is able to gather the necessary information for the signal strength to be calculated, the bcm43xx driver used in Linux does not currently parse the prism header with the power reading correctly. In other words, signal strength readings are not supported using the bcm43xx driver.

Your "set_prsmhdr" problem is most likely related to this very same issue.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

I needed to monitior signal strength of my Wireless card a while back and I found a nice little utility called Wireless Power Meter, It's not as "in-depth" a reading as it could be but it served it's purpose well:

Code:
    hxxp://nocat.net/download/wpm/
    Enjoy!
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.