Thread: BT3 on Eee: OSD and battery bug

Hybrid View

Default BT3 on Eee: OSD and battery bug

I was able to install BT3 on the SDHC card in my Eee with persistent changes. However, I got 2 issues:

1) Turning Wifi with Fn+F2
    Pressing that button combo doesn't do anything. I can turn it on from the BIOS, but if I forgot to do so, then I have to reboot BT3. I.e. I was in Windows, turn off WiFi and boot to BT3.

2) Battery meter
    BT3 keep complaining that I only have few minutes left on the battery, even though I have fully charged the battery. I made sure the battery is charged by leaving it overnight, then boot to BT3

Quote Originally Posted by lanwarrior View Post
    I was able to install BT3 on the SDHC card in my Eee with persistent changes. However, I got 2 issues:

1) Turning Wifi with Fn+F2
    Pressing that button combo doesn't do anything. I can turn it on from the BIOS, but if I forgot to do so, then I have to reboot BT3. I.e. I was in Windows, turn off WiFi and boot to BT3.

2) Battery meter
    BT3 keep complaining that I only have few minutes left on the battery, even though I have fully charged the battery. I made sure the battery is charged by leaving it overnight, then boot to BT3

They're both known issues. The custom acpi drivers aren't compiled into BT3 for the eee. Ignore the battery thing, and the wireless should already be active.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

What model eee is it? I'm considering buying a 901 specifically for BT3 however am concerned with issues it may have, i.e the ralink wifi card or intel graphics issues etc...

Quote Originally Posted by soul_786 View Post
    What model eee is it? I'm considering buying a 901 specifically for BT3 however am concerned with issues it may have, i.e the ralink wifi card or intel graphics issues etc...
    I'm running on a 701, works like a champ(minus those acpi issues)!
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Yeah, most people say they've got it working perfect or just about on the 701's and 900's because of the same/similar chipsets but the 901 has been impossible to get any info on. If anything I'll be a groundbreaker in finding out =). I know theres a few other's working on it so hopefully it works out, i'm fairly new to BT3 =(

I am using the 900 (8.9" screen).

Will the ACPI issue be fixed soon? I mean, the 700 and 900 share the same hardware and they've around quite sometime.

AFAIK, the 1000 have the same thing except screen size and CPU.