Thread: Wifi card question

Default Wifi card question

I have a question i would like to know when i type in airmon-ng
    I get an error and it will not put it in mode monitor but if i do iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor it works i do not understand why it do not work with airmon then

then wifi card i am using is Intel(R) Wireless Wifi Link 4965AGN

Also no matter how close i get when i am using airodump-ng it keeps saying pwr -1 ?

how to fix mine so it will work >?
    DNA + hacker = Life hacker

Good friend of the forums

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Basic204 View Post
    I have a question i would like to know when i type in airmon-ng
    I get an error and it will not put it in mode monitor but if i do iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor it works i do not understand why it do not work with airmon then

then wifi card i am using is Intel(R) Wireless Wifi Link 4965AGN

Also no matter how close i get when i am using airodump-ng it keeps saying pwr -1 ?

how to fix mine so it will work >?
    Intel 4965 AGN is not fully functional yet with aircrack-ng suite.you need to upgrade kernel for it to work to 2.6.26 and bt3 final got kernel 2.6.21.5.

You have to wait a little I think, because the Intel 4965 AGN doesn't have stable patched drivers to monitor/inject yet. Same answer for your "pwr -1" problem, it's not a question of being closer or not, your card doen's support the power display function, you should use a card with a chipset known to be fully compatible with monitor mode & injection...
    --~ Internet is in the air we are breathing, so it should be free for everyone. We'll get there, just wait and see... ~--