Thread: Wua-1340 rt73

Just burned his ISO

Default Wua-1340 rt73

Good day fellow backtrackers,

I just received a Dlink WUA-1340 that uses the RT73 drivers. It works with BT3 with no modifications.

When running airodump-ng, I found the power levels are inaccurate. Most networks I found show a power level of over 90, which I know can't be correct.

When I use my WUSB54G with the RT2575 drivers, the power levels shown are more accurate.

I searched the forums and tried the serial monkey RT73 drivers, it still seemed to be inaccurate.

If you're using this chip, are your power levels accurate??

Quote Originally Posted by bbford View Post
    When running airodump-ng, I found the power levels are inaccurate. Most networks I found show a power level of over 90, which I know can't be correct.

When I use my WUSB54G with the RT2575 drivers, the power levels shown are more accurate.
    You need to note that the power levels are only approximate readings of the power level of different APs and solely determined by the card and the driver that you use. You can in other words not compare the output between different cards or drivers with each other in any way.

When you say that the power levels using one card are more accurate than using another it is therefore completely irrelevant. It may very well be that a PWR reading of 40 using one card equals 90 using another. Again only use this output to compare the signal strength of one AP with another AP using the same card and driver.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.