Thread: Cant get ISO to burn correctly

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Cant get ISO to burn correctly

Title says it all, can someone walk me through it? I tried checking the md5sum, but for whatever reason it is also not working. I'm a computer science major so Im not stupid when it comes to computers but can someone PLEASE break it down plain and simple for me? I want to play with BT3! help please

Quote Originally Posted by jaker29902 View Post
    Title says it all, can someone walk me through it? I tried checking the md5sum, but for whatever reason it is also not working.
    What do you mean when you say it is not working? Do you mean that the MD5 checksum doesn't match up, or that it is correct but you still are unable to burn the CD?If the MD5 checksum is incorrect for your copy of BT3 you will need to re-download the file.
    I'm a computer science major so Im not stupid when it comes to computers but can someone PLEASE break it down plain and simple for me? I want to play with BT3! help please
    Which program are you using to burn the CD?
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

I mean like I get a bunch of weird characters that in no way shape or form resemble the md5sum on the command prompt, Im using vista so I have a feeling its my fault for not doing something correctly.

Im using imge burn and Im working on using some different writing speeds and such, using a cd-rw just because Ive already messed up all my cd-rs

Also it will seem turn burn correctly but when it goes to verify it encounters an I/O error

1) Download the ISO. Make sure it's the CD version, not the USB version.
    2) Check the MD5 checksum
    3) Burn to CD. Most CD burner programs will have a "burn image" option. You MUST make sure it is using this type of option, rather than merely copying the image to CD. This will make the CD bootable, and makes the CD have the correct directories, structure, files, etc. Otherwise, you'll end up with a single ISO file on the CD, and it won't work.
    4) Verify that the directories and files can be seen on the CD
    5) Enable the 'boot from CD" option in the computer's BIOS. (Or verify it is already enabled.)
    6) Boot from the CD.
    7) Have favored beverage as a celebration. (Optional, but very desirable! )
    8) Use BT3.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

Alright Ive been trying to do all of that, but Ive been having problems correctly checking the md5sum. Also when using ImgBurn I keep getting this error message

I/O Error!

Device:[0:0:0] MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-851S 1.50 (E(ATA)

ScsiStatus:0x02

CDB:2A 00 00 01 7B C0 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation:Write(10) - Sectors 97216 - 97247

Sense Ara: F1 00 03 00 01 79 49 0A 00 13 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation ID CRC or ECC Error

(and yes because it was an error message I had to type all of that out, so me = awesome)

That looks like a compatibility issue between the burner software and the CD drive.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.