Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: few questions

Quote Originally Posted by m1cha3l View Post
    It's not the question of lazynes, but the question of knowledge that it's possible. http://www.cyber-knowledge.net/blog/.../cracking-wep/ since now I believed that there is no such method, but you guys put me on the right track, little bit squirming but better that then nothing

from the tutorial you refer to

whether there are clients connected to your Access Point (AP) or not will decide which method you need to use to generate wireless traffic
    so what made you think this was imposible?

and if your gonna use a program you should research it first!!

from the tutorial you refer to

so what made you think this was imposible?

and if your gonna use a program you should research it first!!
    Well, I've read somewhere in this forum that it's impossible to crack WEP if the client is not connected, I could find that post and probably eventually I will, but it will take time. So now I got different info and I'm processing it, already tried to follow that manual but not succesfully. I can already see, that this metod is more sophisticated than one with connected client. Probably it's better to wait untill my Alfa AWUS036H arives then at least I will get better reception than with my crappy ipw2200 (I hope so

So, can someone give me some clues about my Question 1 (1st post)? Why the lines stop running?

Quote Originally Posted by caballero View Post
    Well, I've read somewhere in this forum that it's impossible to crack WEP if the client is not connected
    i think you will find that you are talking about WPA

i think you will find that you are talking about WPA
    I see someone is alive, maybe you know what does that mean when --arpreplay gets stuck on the last line (like in my picture) though numbers are still running in the same line?

Quote Originally Posted by caballero View Post
    I see someone is alive, maybe you know what does that mean when --arpreplay gets stuck on the last line (like in my picture) though numbers are still running in the same line?
    It means exactly what it looks like. The attack is still ongoing and the numbers that keep increasing lists the amount of ARP packets that have been injected to the AP. If you have airodump-ng running correctly and have not been de-associated during the process you should see the data packets climbing steadily. The fact that the actual number of rows stops running means nothing.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Hi, I'm just gonna use my old universal topic to ask about one more problem.
    I am trying to crack WEP of my Linksys router when there's no clients connected, using manual provided here: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?...ith_no_clients

I am using both variations described in step 3:

aireplay-ng -1 0 -e linksys -a 00:1d:7e:bc:fa:d2 -h 00:02:6f:03:a0:4c eth1
    and
    aireplay-ng -1 6000 -o 1 -q 10 -e linksys -a 00:1d:7e:bc:fa:d2 -h 00:02:6f:03:a0:4c eth1

but what I get in both cases is:

12:53:40 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)

12:53:42 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)

12:53:44 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)

12:53:46 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)

12:53:48 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)

12:53:50 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)

12:53:52 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)

and so on. I am using BackTrack3 final and Aircrack-ng 1.0 rc1. The range can not be a problem 'cause the router is only 3 m away from me. Also my integrated wlan card ipw220 supports injection, that is tested. So what might be a problem then?

i think it may be the -o switch !! i remember someone else having the same problem and it being fixed by setting that correctly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast