Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: save changesss?????

Just burned his ISO

Question save changesss?????

hey i have burn the iso image on a WR-CD and every time i change something like the screenshot and then restart it, all my changes are gone.....any ideas????/

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg9 View Post
    hey i have burn the iso image on a WR-CD and every time i change something like the screenshot and then restart it, all my changes are gone.....any ideas????/
    So you are expecting changes to be saved on a read/write cd??? That is funny and completely impossible.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

hey man no one say anything about saving the configuration files on the cd i ask how to save changes...i dont care if it is on desktop or usb or anywhere else...understund????

hey man no one say anything about saving the configuration files on the cd i ask how to save changes...i dont care if it is on desktop or usb or anywhere else...understund????
    Read your two posts here and tell me is wrong here. Understand?
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

man look in the first post i say that every time i restart my pc all changes are gone....i didnt say nothing about saving the configuration files anywhere i just say how can i save them...

Just burned his ISO

you can write down your changes on a piece of paper...

ya your working from a live cd.. use the search button and read up on a HDD or USB install than you will be able to save your changes

Just burned his ISO

You have to have a device to save changes .. usb hdd , flash drive , etc , etc .. If you want to run the live cd and save your changes you have to have a partition formatted as ext2 . in that partition you have to make a changes folder (X:changes) then reboot and run the cd.. when the menu comes up you have to add this at the end of the Kernel line and before the Autoexec command add "changes=/dev/sdaX rw" where X is the drive where you made the ext2 partition with the changes folder.. Everytime you boot without installing to a hdd your going to have to modify the boot loader and have that partition connected .

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by i_street_race View Post
    You have to have a device to save changes .. usb hdd , flash drive , etc , etc .. If you want to run the live cd and save your changes you have to have a partition formatted as ext2 . in that partition you have to make a changes folder (X:changes) then reboot and run the cd.. when the menu comes up you have to add this at the end of the Kernel line and before the Autoexec command add "changes=/dev/sdaX rw" where X is the drive where you made the ext2 partition with the changes folder.. Everytime you boot without installing to a hdd your going to have to modify the boot loader and have that partition connected .
    Isn't it possible to edit the boot loader before burning the disc? Meaning, couldn't someone just download the ISO, open the ISO with a mounting app then edit/add the files they need and then burn the image. I don't know an in depth amount about Linux or BT3, but it seems this should be possible.

Almost like cooking a ROM for a cell phone. Or is this method frowned upon?

In the end I just saved to my USB drive, but the idea is still interesting.

Setup:
    HP zv6000 (with crappy built in Broadcom wireless chipset)
    Negear WG511T with Atheros chipset (works with BT3)
    256MB USB stick

Just burned his ISO

Actually, I would like to know a bit about this stuff too. I am not sure if this is anything like the original question of the post, but I hope through my question I can contribute in some fashion.

I would like to know how to save files, or run files. Necessarily without having to install backtrack, yet I would like to access my USB drive, and run my python, perl, (list goes on) files from there. At the same token save to it too.

I hope this makes sense. In other words, I have my bt3 running from a ISO, and a thumbdrive filled with files.

I guess the question is, is it possible to read and write to the usb, without having to install bt3 itself, if so, what would be the appropriate steps to this answer?

I would like to thank everyone in advanced for their most expedient response to my question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast