Thread: wireless problem

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy wireless problem

i have booted bt3 from cd and when am trying to view networks in range a message pops up saying that it didnt found any hardware devices but i have a Wireless-G PCI Adapter with SRX card and an antenna n the left side of my pc linkys model number WMP54GX with a light on it....when i boot the pc manually without any cd the light is open but when i open it from cd the light is closed....
    also when i type iwconfig it writes "lo no wireless extension" only this nothing else and when i type ifconfig it shows my the offline ip 127.0.0.1...
    any ideas plz help

You need the module for that wireless card mate.

Just burned his ISO

its ok i have solve my problem with a usb adapter

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg9 View Post
    i have booted bt3 from cd and when am trying to view networks in range a message pops up saying that it didnt found any hardware devices but i have a Wireless-G PCI Adapter with SRX card and an antenna n the left side of my pc linkys model number WMP54GX with a light on it....when i boot the pc manually without any cd the light is open but when i open it from cd the light is closed....
    also when i type iwconfig it writes "lo no wireless extension" only this nothing else and when i type ifconfig it shows my the offline ip 127.0.0.1...
    any ideas plz help
    I am assuming one of these models.
    Linksys WMP54G v4 (ralink)or Linksys WMP54G-UK v4.1 (rt61)
    and both of the cards works fine.use this command to see wheather modules got loaded or not.
    lsmod
    it should show the rt61 chipset.if its not then
    modprobe rt61
    then use iwconfig and it should show the wireless device there.