Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Broadcom 4310 rev 01 -- does it work?

  1. #11
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I am running the 'airmon-ng start eth1' command before i try airodump.
    The response is that monitor mode is enabled.

    However iwconfig reports mode as managed, dont seem to be working.

    More homework, please.

  2. #12
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    fubu666:

    Check this link for the kernel:
    http: //forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=18997

    Then download the driver from broadcom, see my other posts in this thread for link and links to instructions.

    Im also very much a linux noob so at first i couldn't get the syntax right for making the wl.ko file. It took me a while to get it right and now i cant remember how i did it but i got the wl.ko saved so i only need to insmod it every time i boot bt3 from usbstick.

    glhf!

  3. #13
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default Bcm 4312

    I have the Broadcom 4312 mini-wireless card in a small Dell laptop, the mini-9.
    Since they ship it with Ubuntu, there must be a driver somewhere that works for the backtrack 3 disti. I have with Windoze version for the mini-9.
    Can anyone shed any light on how to get this going.
    I have backtrack 3 on a usb with a changes partition.

    Thanks

  4. #14
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mobrien99 View Post
    I have the Broadcom 4312 mini-wireless card in a small Dell laptop, the mini-9.
    Since they ship it with Ubuntu, there must be a driver somewhere that works for the backtrack 3 disti. I have with Windoze version for the mini-9.
    Can anyone shed any light on how to get this going.
    I have backtrack 3 on a usb with a changes partition.

    Thanks
    Hi
    Try the same driver as for the 4310

    Check this link. It has the driver and a readme. http: //www . broadcom. com /support/ 802.11/linux_sta. php

    Then read this: http : //forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=17135
    It'll give you an idea on how to use the kernel.lzm, hopefully.

    Thats how i got the card working.

    check this also: http : //wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Broadcom_BCM4312

    However i am unable to get the monitor mode enabled. The latest clue im persuing is a utility called broadcom wl. But i havent figured out how to get it and how to enable it in bt3

    No linux skill

  5. #15
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zotzot View Post
    fubu666:

    Check this link for the kernel:
    http: //forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=18997

    Then download the driver from broadcom, see my other posts in this thread for link and links to instructions.

    Im also very much a linux noob so at first i couldn't get the syntax right for making the wl.ko file. It took me a while to get it right and now i cant remember how i did it but i got the wl.ko saved so i only need to insmod it every time i boot bt3 from usbstick.

    glhf!
    Thanks for your tipps ... after trying a little bit i got my own wl.ko now
    Problem was a ' instead of a ` in my make command ... *shame*
    Now i got some Problems with the insmod command ... everytime i try
    Code:
    insmod /hybrid_wl/wl.ko
    i got the message
    Code:
    insmod: error inserting 'wl.ko': -1 File exists
    some missing parameters?

    fubu

  6. #16
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default complie error

    I am getting an error when i try to do the compile ,
    "no rule to make target `wifi'. Stop "

    Could someone post the compiled module?

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zotzot
    However i am unable to get the monitor mode enabled.
    I wonder why people won't read backtrack's HCL:wireless wiki. THERE ARE NO MONITORING/INJECTION SUPPORT FOR THE USE OF BROADCOM'S LINUX_STA DRIVER, IT IS THE SAME AS USING NDISWRAPPER. IF YOU HAVE ISSUE WITH THAT, TOUGH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •