Thread: windows password off of mac

Just burned his ISO

Default windows password off of mac

okay so my friend bought a used macbook, it had windows (XP i believe) installed but has a password lock on it so all he can run is OS x. He doesn't want me booting Linux on his computer because he thinks it will mess with his stuff but i'm fine with it on my computer. how do i rip the windows password out and get it to him.

i was thinking i might be able to do something remotely from my laptop how would i go about doing this? or is the only viable way to crack the password through running bt on his macbook.

you sure this is a legal box? sounds fishy?

Just burned his ISO

yeah im sure, 100% hes had it for almost a year. hes a good kid, he occasionally leads worship at church.

Just burned his ISO

i dont know if the built in guest and administrator are still enabled though, ill have to ask him to check it out. besides if it were something illegal i would recommend to him that he should just unistall windows and do a fresh install.

If it were me, I'd reinstall windows. Who knows what's on there.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
    okay so my friend bought a used macbook, it had windows (XP i believe) installed but has a password lock on it so all he can run is OS x. He doesn't want me booting Linux on his computer because he thinks it will mess with his stuff but i'm fine with it on my computer. how do i rip the windows password out and get it to him.

i was thinking i might be able to do something remotely from my laptop how would i go about doing this? or is the only viable way to crack the password through running bt on his macbook.
    You could try ntpass or similar program. The SystemRescue CD has it as a boot option.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

ophcrack live cd would be another option. it is linux but its automated so no chance of changing any configuration files or damaging the system

I know it's probably better to just reinstall windows, but you should be able to browse the windows partition from the osx side of things. Just copy the sam file and run ophcrack against it on your machine. That way you won't "corrupt" his machine. I'm not 100% sure it would run on the mac anyway. That's something I've not tried.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69