Hey gang,

I have noticed an error when I try to mount the main root partition under the "media" section of Konqueror. I get the following:

a security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient. see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount" error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")

Yet the partition clearly boots and runs fine. My output of the mount command is: /dev/hda2 on / type auto (rw) . Konqueror claims it is unmounted tho.

I had the exact same error when I installed BT3 beta under VMware on my Mac system. I don't recall it happening with BT 2 though. The error message occurs from a fresh install with no security changes done. It's running under root. Currently I have BT3 install on the internal HD, it's the only OS on the drive. It would be handy to get the konqueror mount working.

Any thoughts ?, I've never seen or had this happen under any other Linux distro I've run before.