Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: God Bless microsoft and most isp's out there

Just burned his ISO

Tron.. I was being sarcastic when i made the comment "what is backtrack" .. cant seem to shake the "just burned his iso" .. lol .. been using bt since 2 lol..

Quote Originally Posted by i_street_race View Post
    Tron.. I was being sarcastic when i made the comment "what is backtrack" .. cant seem to shake the "just burned his iso" .. lol .. been using bt since 2 lol..
    Glad to hear that, guess that I misinterpreted the sarcasm then. Still, since you probably have lurked around the forum for a while you are probably aware of the fact that we do get quite a few serious questions along this line.

It would also seem as you finally levelled up to Junior Member
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Tron....Ya, I finally graduated to a junior member..Ya i have read some posts from people that did not know what this is ... Kinda surprised that people with no knowledge of pen testing or pc's in general would wander here ya know.. Good place to learn tho.. Wish i could get my ar5006eg to monitor mode lol..

Quote Originally Posted by i_street_race View Post
    Wish i could get my ar5006eg to monitor mode lol..
    I wish I could get my AR6001 in monitor mode :/
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by daleapearson View Post
    May I ask how you got yourself started? How and where do you advertise to get this sort of and other work?

Any advice would be great, as I am thinking about going solo in the future.

Thanks
    Yes I started out doing a city & guilds in computer maintenance when I was at college but I was studying mostly for a BTEC in maths. Once I left I had no luck finding any work that I wanted so spent years working as a labourer for a building firm I even started an apprenticeship in bricklaying. That all fell through as the firm went tits up. Luckily I kept computers as a hobby and after 4 weeks I got a job for a small local shop.
    We kept getting asked if we did local call outs but it was not a service we did until I decided to start doing extra work on the side. After 6 months or so it was getting to a point where I was getting jobs every evening and would give me a bigger income than my day job. So I decided to take it on the road full time. My old manager keeps my cards in the shop now for people coming in off the street there. I also put adds in the local rag (expensive), put cards up in nearby supermarkets (free or small charge), and just try to give a good service for those word of mouth customers. I've not bothered with a website because its an expensive job trying to get people to find it in the first place though putting one up for people to reference might be an idea. HTML bores me any way.

But yeah it was a very slow start for the first few months but its only a small town here. Depending on how well off you are, might be an idea to have part time work so you've at least got some steady income at first.
    Don't discount Windows, I would be a poor man without it ;)

Thanks for the response, I was more on about how people where contacting you about the whole "bt homehub have been a great money spinner".

For sure these devices are poorly configured and everyone should make them more secure ASAP, but how are you advertising this service, or are you just mentioning it to your customers and making extra from it that way?

Ah right well yes those bloody BTHH and Orange Boxes are a pain for alot of customers. One of security as the BTHH come WEP protected (well i say protected) the other is that a lot seem to arrive in a snarled up state all they need is a hard reset but fo corse there is no info on this in thier welcome packs. So they spend ages on the phone to india and when they are told how much it would cost for a bt man to come out they look around for a better deal from some one like me.

I dont advertise as a BTHH pro or any thing it just happens I get alot of BTHH & OB's to deal with. The older generations of BTHH were just a repackaged speedtouch 7E and it was possible to put a speedtouch frimware on instead of BT's. This made them alot better to work with.

Interestingly also the alot of Orange Boxes seem to have a problem with the wireless simply changing the channel its on seems to fix this
    Don't discount Windows, I would be a poor man without it ;)

Thanks for the quick responses, and for sharing your information.
    I find it interesting to understand how others are offering IT and Security services to their local community.

Keep up the good work.

Code:
    Microsoft is great, without them I would be working on minimum wage or doing pysical work
    It's a liitle bit of selfish way to look at things like that.

For example, if this world wasn't build on monopolic gigant money thearsty, ghost companies. You would not be woried about your incomings so much.
    OK, we wont be even tallking about things like this. But.
    You wouldn't have to eat a shitty plastic food made in a chemical factories, because you have to buy supplays in only chain-store in town ,the big supermarket place with retarded name, whose owner is brother of so called democratic politicant ,whose parneter in his "nobbel" buisiness is a director of 3 of 4 TV stations. And so on...
    Mediocracy it is.

I don't buy that story, that we can't live without them. Just because we are living with them right now.

Just to add some things.

I'm working for small company from time to time ,they have seven office computers.
    They were all on Windows Xp.
    Classic office apps, and some specialies programs. Kapersky, naturaly in small office like this.
    The boxis were ,again ,naturaly in a mess. They had so complaints.
    Not to mention corupted data and so on.

Employies there are just users, not advance. They never used any other os. They heard of linux, but that's it.

I managed to convince them, and we move to linux platform. They realy fast acclimatise.
    I had a small issues with office documents, open office to rw from the net and classic office apps problems. Evan AutoCad has a pretty good supstitusion, for thing they are using.

It's been a year now, and they are very grateful. Almost non big problem accured. They still can't belive how they don't have problems with viruses and spam mails, they usesed to outlook.

And now with less problems. I'm giving a support to that company. Of course they pay me for that.
    And now we have some ideas, plans how to implement free software in some other, embedded systems they are working with.
    That's it.
    How long have you been guarded?><In frameworks to present you?><I need you as a target><My hollow arms defend you><My thoughts were never sleeping><You've got to triple-heal me><Immune against the others><Moving slow to feel me_Diorama_Pain Management

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12