Thread: Built in Wireless

Just burned his ISO

Default Built in Wireless

ok so i bought a laptop that has built in wireless, now my question is, can i still crack WEP using backtrack with this laptop or am i shit out of luck, and if i can how can i find out what type of wireless my laptop has ?

where did you buy the laptop from ?

surely they can give you the specs?

What OS are you running on the laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by m1cha3l View Post
    where did you buy the laptop from ?

surely they can give you the specs?

What OS are you running on the laptop?
    Read post properly as he is indicating that he is working on backTrack and obviously its backtrack forum not the Winblows forum,to solve problems regarding winblows.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    Read post properly as he is indicating that he is working on backTrack and obviously its backtrack forum not the Winblows forum,to solve problems regarding winblows.
    i think you may find that alot of users run BT inside vmware on there winblows system!!

and is it not a little judgemental to say th OP was intending to do anything illegal? where in his post does he imply this?

and yes i should have waited till i had been awake longer before trying t help people.

you use the command

Code:
    iwconfig
    if your card is supported out the box then it will show up

if it does not and you are infact running BT virtually or in dual boot or infact from a cd then go to your hardware manager and see what it says about your card. then check it on the Wiki HCL as it may need patching or something

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by m1cha3l View Post
    i think you may find that alot of users run BT inside vmware on there winblows system!!

and is it not a little judgemental to say th OP was intending to do anything illegal? where in his post does he imply this?

and yes i should have waited till i had been awake longer before trying t help people.

you use the command

Code:
    iwconfig
    if your card is supported out the box then it will show up

if it does not and you are infact running BT virtually or in dual boot or infact from a cd then go to your hardware manager and see what it says about your card. then check it on the Wiki HCL as it may need patching or something
    as OP indicating its In-built wireless LAN NIC.and In vmware under winblows system iwconfig wont show any wireless extension unless its USB NIC and again vmware related problems are not Bt problems I have seen moderators to indicating this fact.
    anyways nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    as OP indicating its In-built wireless LAN NIC.and In vmware under winblows system iwconfig wont show any wireless extension unless its USB NIC and again vmware related problems are not Bt problems I have seen moderators to indicating this fact.
    anyways nice work.
    Although since there is a VMware image of BT3F available for download on the official site one could argue that VMware is indeed supported and therefore problems related to this setup are relevant to the forum.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Well to answer his origianl question just pop open the trap door of your laptop and your wifi card should be there and hopefully a make and model number. Otherwise check out your laptop firms website might tell you there in the driver download section or somethin
    Don't discount Windows, I would be a poor man without it ;)