Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WEP key crack?

Quote Originally Posted by Apollopimp View Post
    yes you can see if packets are being sent only when someone is currently cracking your ap ..

the easy way to find out is to look at your logs on the router and see if theres any mac address that shouldn't be there ...

than after you do that change your ap over to wpa or wpa2 and use like a 30 alpha numeric key and you will not half to worry anymore

And also look for the computer name whicih is connected to your AP to see whether they belong to your neighbour's .

Quote Originally Posted by Slimmay View Post
    Can I tell if thousands of data packets are being retrieved by someone else?
    Sounds to me like you got pwned pretty hard :>/

I would turn off wifi and change your IP address first, then reformat the clients that were connected to the AP, and then implement WPA2 or similar.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Ok I'm curious. After reading all about backtrack and how encryption keys can be cracked so easily, I have a question. My AP uses a 64 bit WEP encryption. Is there anyway to know if it has been cracked or in the process of being cracked? Basically my question is: Can I tell if thousands of data packets are being retrieved by someone else?
    If you are using any WEP (whether 64 or 128), then you should assume that it is compromised.

Even if you are not seeing another client on the wireless network, someone could be passively collecting all your packets without you ever knowing it.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Why are you posting effectively the same thread?

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...highlight=slut
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Hi, I was just wondering if it is possible for me to figure out if someone has cracked my ap's wep key. I know that the question sounds dumb, but is there a way to tell if thousands of IV's are being transfered?? Just curious, Thanks!
    Ok I'm curious. After reading all about backtrack and how encryption keys can be cracked so easily, I have a question. My AP uses a 64 bit WEP encryption. Is there anyway to know if it has been cracked or in the process of being cracked? Basically my question is: Can I tell if thousands of data packets are being retrieved by someone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Why are you posting effectively the same thread?

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...highlight=slut
    Threads merged.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12