Thread: Firefox Crashes

Just burned his ISO

Default Firefox Crashes

I have the backtrack3 final, and firefox seems to crash randomly. Also specifically when i am downloading, the whole process will get killed. Any ideas?

Could be the page your currently viewing. Try seeing if its always on the same page, or if its after a certain amount of time.

Do you get any errors before its terminated?

Just burned his ISO

I have also found this happens randomly

I have not personally had any problems with Firefox in BT3F, but you could easily update to Firefox3 and see if it sorts out your problems.

Here is a little how-to for your reference in case you choose this road:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...62&postcount=3
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052912 Firefox/3.0

=tron=
    I read all your posts because you make sense too noobs like me. but this above post is true I am using a usb 8 gig stick with bt3 final with changes stored on HD I dont speak unless I have somthing to say I hope you appreciate this

Quote Originally Posted by driller View Post
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052912 Firefox/3.0

=tron=
    I read all your posts because you make sense too noobs like me. but this above post is true I am using a usb 8 gig stick with bt3 final with changes stored on HD I dont speak unless I have somthing to say I hope you appreciate this
    I am afraid that I fail to understand your point here

As BT3F comes pre-installed with Firefox 2.0.14 I merely suggested that you try updating to Firefox3 since it could sort out your problems. In case you already have tried this without success, then fine it was only a suggestion after all. However, as you do not state this fact in your previous post and as my mind-reading skills are a bit rusty at the time being there was no way I could possibly have known this.

And if you, as you say, only speak when you have something to say then please make sure that your message is clear and understandable as well.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

thats is why I posted the version of firefox I am using I thought I was clear on this point

Just burned his ISO

seems to crash in the middle of downloads... surprised more people do not get this error considering it happens pretty often