Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Boot ISO off USB flash drive

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42

    Default Boot ISO off USB flash drive

    Hello.

    I've been googling to boot bootable iso off my USB but no luck. Ive tried many different methods but still cant get it to load. My usb is Kingston 8gb and it is bootable. Anyone can help me out?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .cAkEnOoB. View Post
    Hello.

    I've been googling to boot bootable iso off my USB but no luck. Ive tried many different methods but still cant get it to load. My usb is Kingston 8gb and it is bootable. Anyone can help me out?
    Not directly overflowing us with details here. Is the problem that the USB stick will not boot at all or does it simply hang during the process, which tutorial is it that you followed, are you sure that your BIOS supports booting from an USB stick?
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Yea..my bios does support USB boot. I've tried Universal Boot CD and installed it into my USB and it boots up. The problem with it is tat its linux based which im not good at. I cant get my iso to boot from there as i dont know linux commands. I've followed so many toturials that i cant really remember. I've googled "boot iso off usb drive" and ive tried most of the results toturial. but still no luck.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    27

    Default

    have you tried the wiki... just wondering is all, if you haven't i link below
    http://wiki.remote-exploit.org/index...owto:USB_Stick

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .cAkEnOoB. View Post
    ....... I've tried Universal Boot CD and installed it into my USB and it boots up. The problem with it is tat its linux based which im not good at. I cant get my iso to boot from there as i dont know linux commands......
    .......so you thought you'd give BT a go!?

    Or, is it something else you're trying to get to boot from your usb stick?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    .......so you thought you'd give BT a go!?

    Or, is it something else you're trying to get to boot from your usb stick?

    Yea..BT3 and some other isos. I know its possible to boot BT3 on USB drive. But it needed to be extracted to the USB drive which i dont prefer. I just wanna boot the iso directly off.

    To linkdead..
    sure i'll check it out now.

    Quote Originally Posted by linkdead View Post
    have you tried the wiki... just wondering is all, if you haven't i link below
    http://wiki.remote-exploit.org/index...owto:USB_Stick
    thnx linkdead for the link. but u dun get my idea. i wanted to boot iso directly off my usb like a cd in windows. any idea still? thnx for the time and attention u guys make for me. =)

    TO: Linkdead.

    I tried the toturial in your link which boots BT3. it really boots up BT3 from my USB drive. but when i choose the BT3 KDE graphic mode..it continued booting for awhile and it stalls, giving me a black screen with my mouse flickering. Is there a problem with BT3 in USB?

    okay. there isin't a way to boot iso files from usb flash. coz u need cd emulation on ur USB. then..is it possible to boot .bin image files?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .cAkEnOoB. View Post
    TO: Linkdead.

    I tried the toturial in your link which boots BT3. it really boots up BT3 from my USB drive. but when i choose the BT3 KDE graphic mode..it continued booting for awhile and it stalls, giving me a black screen with my mouse flickering. Is there a problem with BT3 in USB?
    Did you execute the bootinst.bat? Sorry Ask So Many Questions.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by linkdead View Post
    Did you execute the bootinst.bat? Sorry Ask So Many Questions.

    Yeah i did. Nvrm..i solved the problem. It couldn't boot it in KDE mode coz of the xconfig cmd. So im booting it in VESA KDE mode (w/o the xconfig) in my laptop and it works. Guess my laptop hates to be autoconfigured..

  9. #9
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .cAkEnOoB. View Post
    Yeah i did. Nvrm..i solved the problem. It couldn't boot it in KDE mode coz of the xconfig cmd. So im booting it in VESA KDE mode (w/o the xconfig) in my laptop and it works. Guess my laptop hates to be autoconfigured..
    Who makes your laptop, who makes your laptop's graphics chipset?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Who makes your laptop, who makes your laptop's graphics chipset?
    You mean the vendor..? its ati graphic card. radeonX1300.

    anyway..can i convert iso files to img files and boot those img files by syslinux..?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •