Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me edit my iso please :)

Default help me edit my iso please :)

hey all, ive managed to sucessfully master wep cracking dispite my 3945ABG chipset.

To accomplish this i use the command " lspci | grep 3945ABG" and this updates the driver then i use spoondrv to swap drivers about. this works great but i have to do it each time i boot and thats not always easy to have net connectivity.
    also i got spoonwpa now also

how do i edit my iso file to make bt3 already have the right 3945ABG driver and spoonwpa?
    when i grep where does the updated driver go and where on the ISO do i need to put it.

I AM A TOTAL linux and BT noob but im very techy CCIE MCSE etc ..etc..

if someone could throw me some advice how to do this id appreciate it thanks.

i think what your looking for dude is MySlax Creator. like i say i think?!?

I think adding modules is covered at the wiki
    http://wiki.remote-exploit.org/index.php/Howto

Just burned his ISO

You may want to make a presistent usb install that will save your changes. There's an excellent example here:

hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=14486&page=3

edit the hxxp to http in the above link

Later on, once you have all of your changes and all the applications you want, you can make a iso out of it.

ive gone down this route with the usb stick and trying to get persisntant changes to work but it doesnt work it will only work in graphics vesa mode with kde. all other ooption dont work including the persistant changes one.
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed towards bt3 and all the other great tools within it, especially shamanvirtuel, spoonwpa is just awesome to a noob like me. hope you find somewhere to live.

I'm going to assume your working from a usb with a live install. Create a bash script to accomplish the task you want, save it as /etc/myscript.sh, and make it executable with:
    Code:
    bt ~ # chmod u+x /etc/myscript.sh
    Then edit the /etc/inittab file to make your script run at startup, adding the line:
    Code:
    mine:234:respawn:/etc/myscript.sh
    Then:
    Code:
    bt ~ # mkdir myscript
    bt ~ # mkdir myscript/etc
    bt ~ # cp /etc/inittab /myscript/etc/
    bt ~ # cp /etc/myscript.sh /myscript/etc/
    bt ~ # dir2lzm myscript myscript.lzm
    Place the myscript.lzm in the BT3/modules folder on the usb drive, and Restart.
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

i think ill not hit f12 and boot into windows as that actually works without having to write half an OS myself.

Thansk for your instructions but i was lost at "make a bash script with what i want" if i knew that i wouldnt be posting here.
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed towards bt3 and all the other great tools within it, especially shamanvirtuel, spoonwpa is just awesome to a noob like me. hope you find somewhere to live.

Quote Originally Posted by PwnStar View Post
    i think ill not hit f12 and boot into windows as that actually works without having to write half an OS myself.

Thansk for your instructions but i was lost at "make a bash script with what i want" if i knew that i wouldnt be posting here.
    If you don't know how to write a bash script despite code examples then stop using BT3.

And please direct yourself to this forum: your new home

Your whining frankly is not warranted you were given help, if you are still stuck you ask more questions.

This is how a forum works.

As I have stated in your thread questioning your video driver problem with your laptop you waited all of 3 hours for a reply before posting that you're just going to use another distro ...

Well good go use another distro / windows as frankly a comunity driven project such as this is better off without people like you who expect a FREE os and its authors to do what ever you need immediatly.
    ---------

OSX 10.6
    Advent Vega (Tegra 250)

Working on getting BT5 working on the Vega

Excuse me, I've the same problem, I would like to make a lzm file from a directory. And I haven't any idea of what should contain the myscript.sh and why.

For instance, if I want to make a module with the etc directory that I've edited,
    what way should I take ?

Quote Originally Posted by alan-smithee View Post
    Excuse me, I've the same problem, I would like to make a lzm file from a directory. And I haven't any idea of what should contain the myscript.sh and why.

For instance, if I want to make a module with the etc directory that I've edited,
    what way should I take ?
    This directions in this thread are not about simply making a lzm module from a directory. To do that use the command dir2lzm or right click on the directory and select "Build Slax Module".
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast