Thread: [Request] Intel 4965AGN walkthrough

riahc3

Default [Request] Intel 4965AGN walkthrough

(I know this is the wrong section but I coulnt post in any other)

Hey

I was wondering if someone could write up a tutorial to get BT3 and the Intel 4965AGN working. How to load drivers, different modes for the card, etc. Thanks

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...02&postcount=1

Patience sir, and search "4965". This card is not quite ready yet, to do things I'm thinking you want to do with it.
    "Whatever happened to playing a hunch, Scully? The element of surprise, random acts of unpredictability? If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

riahc3

Quote Originally Posted by ColForbin View Post

Patience sir, and search "4965". This card is not quite ready yet, to do things I'm thinking you want to do with it.
    Ive read on other sites that the driver is indeed working (like your link but some other sites say its working).

Id just like a walktrough so I can rebuild the kernel so it can work.

There you go: 2008-Jun-27 - injection is working with the 4965 card and iwl4965 driver (I don't have one of these to test, I hope more people try with it and report as "working")

Says it right there Just would like a walkthrough. Thanks.

2008-Jun-27 - injection is working with the 4965 card and iwl4965 driver (I don't have one of these to test, I hope more people try with it and report as "working")

As you can see it works so I just need a walkthrough on how to make it work with BT3 (or is there a latest branch of BT3 that I can comply then burn that works?)

Bumped up for help.

Quote Originally Posted by riahc3 View Post
    (I know this is the wrong section but I coulnt post in any other)

Hey

I was wondering if someone could write up a tutorial to get BT3 and the Intel 4965AGN working. How to load drivers, different modes for the card, etc. Thanks
    The iwl4965 driver is still in development and experimental. That being said, injection is possible with this card although you have to do some workarounds to fakeauth.

However, relating to BT3, as stated by one of the devs at aircrack (Netroller3d), the iwl4965 will not work with BT3's kernel (it is too old). In fact, the most successful stories of injection with this card is using kernels 2.6.25 and up.

If you wish to try to use the iwl4965 with injection, Xavery has posted a nice tutorial on the aircrack-ng forum to get it working under Ubuntu Hardy:

http://tinyshell.be/aircrackng/forum...p?topic=3954.0

Picture of injection on the iwl4965 in action: