Thread: Asus EEE 901 and BT3

Just burned his ISO

Default Asus EEE 901 and BT3

Hello my problm ist run BT3 or VESA mode only , not support intel graphics 945GME
    pleas help im hawe BT3 USB version

Maxxeee,
    I am still looking for this on Google. I got Compiz running on my 901 under Kubuntu 8.04.1 so it is possible....
    Still looking. Will let you know if I fnd anything.
    "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on!" - Thomas Jefferson.

Yeah i'd appreciate the heads up too! I'm looking at getting myself an eee pc 901 so I'd love to know if everything works or can be fixed up =). Theres a way for everything right? I hope? :P

Just burned his ISO

well im having problems with my 1000h. seeing the 901 and the 1000h is the same except for the HDD and the screen there will probably be problems with the 901 aswell

Quote Originally Posted by deanemesis View Post
    well im having problems with my 1000h. seeing the 901 and the 1000h is the same except for the HDD and the screen there will probably be problems with the 901 aswell
    Oh dang, are they easy to fix or require a lot of internal scripting? hardware changes?

Found this. It is not a solution but maybe gives some clues. I am no wire-head but maybe it can help someone diagnose...?

http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=7797
    "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on!" - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by twocent$ View Post
    Found this. It is not a solution but maybe gives some clues. I am no wire-head but maybe it can help someone diagnose...?

http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=7797
    After a month of fiddling with the 901, swapping the pci card and pulling my hair out I have come to the conclusion that this machine is a Microsoft-designed P.O.S. Stick with the 7 series!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twocent$ View Post
    After a month of fiddling with the 901, swapping the pci card and pulling my hair out I have come to the conclusion that this machine is a Microsoft-designed P.O.S. Stick with the 7 series!!!
    LOL if you're temporarily giving up on it i wouldnt give up totally. I heard on the eeeuser forums of serialmonkey working on some drivers to fix the packet injection on the 901 with its wifi card. On top of that someone on these forums had their intel graphics drivers installed with some patching and got it working perfectly.

I haven't given up hope yet, one day this will work, fingers crossed.

i just swapped out the internal wifi for that gigabyte draft n atheros and added a 3rd antenna ( cost £40 in total from oxfordtech ) Graphics mode not a big issue for me i just chooese the 4th option down then ' 0 ' been using it like this just fine for ages
    Don't discount Windows, I would be a poor man without it ;)