Thread: airreplay-ng with set packet sizes not working

Just burned his ISO

Default airreplay-ng with set packet sizes not working

when I run
    Code:
    aireplay-ng -2 -b 00:14:6C:7E:40:80 -d FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF -f 1 -m 68 -n 86 ath0
    I should be seeing packets ranging in length from 68 to 86. 68 is the usual packet length for a wireless arp request is what I read. The problem is that I only see packets that are 86, nothing else.

I tried to change the min/max to 68 and 68 so it should only see packets that are 68, and its about 50k packets into broadcasting with no hits. I have 2 clients associated to my AP so there should be traffic.

anyone got ideas?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by internet_Dude View Post
    when I run
    Code:
    aireplay-ng -2 -b 00:14:6C:7E:40:80 -d FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF -f 1 -m 68 -n 86 ath0
    I should be seeing packets ranging in length from 68 to 86. 68 is the usual packet length for a wireless arp request is what I read. The problem is that I only see packets that are 86, nothing else.

I tried to change the min/max to 68 and 68 so it should only see packets that are 68, and its about 50k packets into broadcasting with no hits. I have 2 clients associated to my AP so there should be traffic.

anyone got ideas?
    When captured through a wireless interface, 68 bytes is typical for arp packets originating from wireless clients. 86 bytes is typical for arp requests from wired clients.
    On Ethernet, ARP packets when received are typically 60 bytes long. When this is then relayed by a wireless access point, they are 86 bytes. This is, of course, because of the wireless headers. If a wireless client sends an ARP, they are typically 42 bytes long and they become 68 when relayed by the AP.

Just burned his ISO

ahh, I must have misunderstood what I read. Can you tell me, approximatly how long will it take when I select an ARP packet to accelerate the packets? I dont know if I should try each packet for a few minutes or a few seconds.
    thanks man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by internet_Dude View Post
    ahh, I must have misunderstood what I read. Can you tell me, approximatly how long will it take when I select an ARP packet to accelerate the packets? I dont know if I should try each packet for a few minutes or a few seconds.
    thanks man!!!
    if you are talking about Arp-replay attack it works fast as you said 2 clients are attached with AP.you will see that soon weak IV's are getting increamented using Arp-Replay Attack.time may depend on traffic activity on network.typically within 10-15 mins you will see weak IV's getting incremented.

Just burned his ISO

sweet, thanks for the help man.