Thread: help me sort my laptop graphics drivers please :)

Default help me sort my laptop graphics drivers please :)

ok i have a toshiba p200 laptop with an ati x2600HD graphics card it has a 17 in screen with a native resolution of 1440x900 @ 85 hz
    i can boot fine using the 3rd option down in the boot manu the one that says something like graphics mode with VESA and KDE
    but now i want to use the persistent changes option as ive gone from a cd to the USB version.

it boots to a prompt fine and i can see errors saying no graphics modes available, xconf doesnt work, whenever i type startx i get the same no graphics mode error.

I assume this is as i need graphics drivers which is why i want the persistant changes ...
    im stook in a catch 22 where the only mode i can update the drivers in is read only.
    how do i get out of this ? help a linux noob out

many thanks
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed towards bt3 and all the other great tools within it, especially shamanvirtuel, spoonwpa is just awesome to a noob like me. hope you find somewhere to live.

nobody knows ??

I think this is where my BT3 exploits come to an end im off to use a "normal linux" i can install and use without constant problems

thanks
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed towards bt3 and all the other great tools within it, especially shamanvirtuel, spoonwpa is just awesome to a noob like me. hope you find somewhere to live.

Quote Originally Posted by PwnStar View Post
    nobody knows ??

I think this is where my BT3 exploits come to an end im off to use a "normal linux" i can install and use without constant problems

thanks
    Your post is 3 hours old ... not a long wait realy now is it ...

You have provided no detail other than "I assume this is as i need graphics drivers".

WHat would realy help is the actuall driver errors you are getting.

Also when booting BT3 you will get the login prompt, detailing the root/toor combination, providing you haven't changed anything, this is a standard bash shell, as such wget will allow you to get a driver, I would suggest checking the ATI catalyst site for a linux driver (use google).
    ---------

OSX 10.6
    Advent Vega (Tegra 250)

Working on getting BT5 working on the Vega

Quote Originally Posted by PwnStar View Post
    nobody knows ??

thanks
    Well if sitting around waiting for an answer for 3 hours is more than you can take, this might frankly speaking not be such a bad idea.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.