Thread: Triple boot Vista, Unbuntu and BackTrack

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Triple boot Vista, Unbuntu and BackTrack

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to do a triple install of XP, Ubuntu, Backtrack 3 using the guide located below. I'm at this section and am a bit stuck. The guide seams to be asking users to click on an icon(presumely located on the desk to like most distro's) that will initialize the installation. I don't see any such link/program so I'm not sure how to "Select backtrack\install backtrack"

* Install Backtrack

Select backtrack\install backtrack Set the install path to /mnt/sda3 Select real install Select restore original MBR Click install Click close when complete

I couldn't post the guide I'm using but it's the one in the wiki that shares the title of this post

Thanks!

This is most likely a guide for BT3 beta and not BT3 Final. The Final version does not have a GUI installer so you will need to do the HDD installation by command line. There are several excellent guides on this posted on the forum already.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Doesn't the partition have to be set up a certain way for the linux files to be able to write to the HDD ?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostwire View Post
    Doesn't the partition have to be set up a certain way for the linux files to be able to write to the HDD ?
    Not sure I understand exactly what you are asking here, but the partition will naturally have to be a Linux based filesystem.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.