Thread: Search help!

Just burned his ISO

Default Search help!

Hello,

is there any way to search for threads/posts that contain all of the search terms. The default search seems to find posts that have any of the terms, and I can't find a way to change this.

e.g. I'm currently trying to find a list of boot options, however searching for "boot options" gives me billions of posts on how to create a bootable USB stick!!

And yes - I have tried searching for this!!

I see a lot of (very legitimate) annoyance from the senior members at new guys not searching for anything, but I am finding it very hard to zero in on wanted information right now.

Thanks for the help

cb

Quote Originally Posted by CraigyBoy View Post
    Hello,

is there any way to search for threads/posts that contain all of the search terms. The default search seems to find posts that have any of the terms, and I can't find a way to change this.

e.g. I'm currently trying to find a list of boot options, however searching for "boot options" gives me billions of posts on how to create a bootable USB stick!!

And yes - I have tried searching for this!!

I see a lot of (very legitimate) annoyance from the senior members at new guys not searching for anything, but I am finding it very hard to zero in on wanted information right now.

Thanks for the help

cb
    here is what you are looking for its on the wiki http://backtrack.offensive-security....dex.php/Cheats

Ya the search in vBulletin isn't the greatest.

Note that:
    boot+options
    "boot options"
    boot options

All return 499 results (though it shouldn't...quoted should be litteral string match, + should be all terms, etc).

I suggest using an advanced google search.
    site:forums.remote-exploit.org
    with the search terms mentioned above you'll get different results for each one. Also note you'll get different results if you reverse the order of the words (without using quotes or +).
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Default Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys, and for pointing me in the right direction Wick.

I did try quotes and +'s but to no avail. I'll give it a go via google and see if that is better.

Cheers
    cb

This comes in real handy to
    http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=00...%3Avpdhc1qej9k
    It was made by SH@M@N VIRTUEL

I agree with you about the searching. I am trying to find examples of how all the different programs work in BT. I think I am going to start a Onenote and start documenting all the different tutorials that I find.