Thread: Is this script possible? Bluetooth - BT3

Just burned his ISO

Default Is this script possible? Bluetooth - BT3

Hello everyone, complete n00b here but have been playing with BT3 for a couple of days and been reading this forum on how to do things.

I noticed all the great tools BT3 has for bluetooth (ie BlueSnarf, etc) and noticed that in order for my bluetooth to work on my laptop I had to first run a few commands to turn it on.

According to the HowTo guide on this site about setting up BlueTooth (url: blocked from posting url - but on this site) you would need to use multiple tools to successfully penetrate a device:

first use hcitool to get the device.
    sdptool to get device information like what services the device offers
    then mappings need to be setup to match the findings of sdptool
    then do a mknod to bind the information that was found by sdptool to the rfcomm(?)
    Then restart the bluetooth after modifying the config file..
    Then start the program you want to use (Bluebugger)

did that cover it?

Is there a way to streamline this? I can't help but wonder if there isn't a bash script that can be created that will do this for you if. Or maybe an actual application that can do this?

Couldn't there be something that you pass in the Device Address (DA) as a parameter, then it will:

A. pass the DA into the sdptool with the browse option
    B. parse the return string until a string you like is found (i.e OBEX Push - Channel 9)
    C. Map the rfcomm automatically based on these findings.
    D. change config file - restart bluetooth
    E. execute the program you want to use like Bluebugger or something.

I seen on here someone already had the setup for bluetooth in a script to set it up.

But is there a way to create an application that can do this on it's own? I was going to try doing it in mono (I am a C# developer by day) - but the IDE is klunky to say the least and I cannot seem to position any of the controls like im use too.

I would like something where I can just leave my laptop on and walk down my hall and the app see's my device, my wife's device and my daughters and instantly starts the process explained above and runs the program to get my messages or pictures or what not.

So, my question is..is this possible in linux? I can do it if I can use mono, I think, if the classes are there to be used. Again, im a linux n00b..so can someone give me some pointers on where to start or if something like this already exists?

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

It would most likely be pretty easy to make that into a half decent bash script.

I don't use bluetooth, so I don't know all the commands for it. Post the commands and I'll see if it's possible or not... If it is, I'll try my hand at writing a script for it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnSkiLd View Post
    Hello everyone, complete n00b here but have been playing with BT3 for a couple of days and been reading this forum on how to do things.

I noticed all the great tools BT3 has for bluetooth (ie BlueSnarf, etc) and noticed that in order for my bluetooth to work on my laptop I had to first run a few commands to turn it on.

According to the HowTo guide on this site about setting up BlueTooth (url: blocked from posting url - but on this site) you would need to use multiple tools to successfully penetrate a device:

first use hcitool to get the device.
    sdptool to get device information like what services the device offers
    then mappings need to be setup to match the findings of sdptool
    then do a mknod to bind the information that was found by sdptool to the rfcomm(?)
    Then restart the bluetooth after modifying the config file..
    Then start the program you want to use (Bluebugger)

did that cover it?

Is there a way to streamline this? I can't help but wonder if there isn't a bash script that can be created that will do this for you if. Or maybe an actual application that can do this?

Couldn't there be something that you pass in the Device Address (DA) as a parameter, then it will:

A. pass the DA into the sdptool with the browse option
    B. parse the return string until a string you like is found (i.e OBEX Push - Channel 9)
    C. Map the rfcomm automatically based on these findings.
    D. change config file - restart bluetooth
    E. execute the program you want to use like Bluebugger or something.

I seen on here someone already had the setup for bluetooth in a script to set it up.

But is there a way to create an application that can do this on it's own? I was going to try doing it in mono (I am a C# developer by day) - but the IDE is klunky to say the least and I cannot seem to position any of the controls like im use too.

I would like something where I can just leave my laptop on and walk down my hall and the app see's my device, my wife's device and my daughters and instantly starts the process explained above and runs the program to get my messages or pictures or what not.

So, my question is..is this possible in linux? I can do it if I can use mono, I think, if the classes are there to be used. Again, im a linux n00b..so can someone give me some pointers on where to start or if something like this already exists?

Thanks
    You can make that using shell script.I am working on one of this bluetooth script where we would be able to penetrate a bluetooth devices.but frankly speaking these attacks works on older cellphone e.g. old nokia phones cause cell companies are already aware of these bluesnarf,redfang,bluebugger,bluesniff tools and their impact.they dont work on latest generation of cell anymore and these scripts run only when proper mapping on channel-to-service is defined using btscanner.I have made a script to transfer file from pc to bt or bt to pc.the main problem in pen-testing using such script is that they still ask for PIN while attempting access.(so its kinda white box testing,not the black box one).

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the reply guys. I was just testing on my LG Envy phone and was able to browse it and such, just not really connecting via rfcomm or doing an OBEX push or anything. I figured it was because I was not using the proper commands or doing the commands in the right order.
    Bandit, the commands that are to be used can be found in a HowTo created on here in the BT3's BlueTooth HowTo section. I followed that pretty close when testing my phone.

Thanks for the time. If you are able to create a script like this I would like to see it and maybe try to create a mono app to duplicate it. I'm trying to find a reason to develop in mono..