Thread: have problem with alfawus036h

Just burned his ISO

Default have problem with alfawus036h

Hi friends
    Lately I just got this item it seemed to be very powerful to pickup wifi signals so I test it in BT3 final . I believed I did every procedure right but when I use aireplay-ng to attack I got these running for ever,did I missed something ?Please help.It shows up like these:
    Sending authentication request (open System) [ACK]
    Authentication Successful
    Sending Association Request [ACK]
    Denied (code 12) ,wrong ESSID or WPA ?

My questions are:
    What is that [ACK] mean?
    Why does it say (open system ) ?
    What is code 12 mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by solosong54 View Post

My questions are:
    What is that [ACK] mean?
    What is code 12 mean ?
    Seems like your AP is using WPA instead of WEP encryption, which is why you are not able to fake-authenticate with it successfully. As the error message clearly says, the code 12 stands either for this or the fact that you use the wrong ESSID.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Thumbs up

Hi friends
    Lately I just got this item it seemed to be very powerful to pickup wifi signals so I test it in BT3 final . I believed I did every procedure right but when I use aireplay-ng to attack I got these running for ever,did I missed something ?Please help.It shows up like these:
    Sending authentication request (open System) [ACK]
    Authentication Successful
    Sending Association Request [ACK]

My questions are:
    What is that [ACK] mean?
    What is code 12 mean ?
    ACK that is positive Acknowlegment
    OPN means Open Authentication
    Code 12 is that you are trying to inject packets on WPA network with whom no Clients is attached.buddy you need to attach a client with your AP in order to get the WPA 4 way handshake only then you would be able to crack the passphrase using Dictionary based attack.

Just burned his ISO

Hi thanks for the reply.Another question is even my attack screen told me that is WEP you think it could be WPA.I tried to use the WPA method to attack but it just show the ENC still WEP in this case what should I do next ?

Hi thanks for the reply.Another question is even my attack screen told me that is WEP you think it could be WPA.I tried to use the WPA method to attack but it just show the ENC still WEP in this case what should I do next ?
    Without knowing the exact command that you use and any other relevant information it is hard to give any further advice. This being said, most problems with fake-authenticating with an AP are solved by simply moving a little closer to it, but the error message does indicate that you are doing something wrong in the process.

my attack screen told me that is WEP you think it could be WPA
    Another person getting help in cracking someones network come on people.. its not his network he don't even know if its wep or wpa

Quote Originally Posted by Apollopimp View Post
    Another person getting help in cracking someones network come on people.. its not his network he don't even know if its wep or wpa
    Good point, guess I'm getting a bit too gullible

So I suppose that the appropriate answer to the OP's question about what to do next would be to quit accessing APs that you are not authorized to use.

n00b crackers.always want to use someone else internet free of cost and considering Backtrack 3 as a cracking tool.I think moderator should close this thread.waste of time & No more help to you in Cracking on other's network.