Thread: Boot problem help required..07 07 07 07

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Boot problem help required..07 07 07 07

Right...

Ive got a major issue at the moment and I need urgent help...I installed BT3 on my usb stick and tried to upgrade the kernel version (because of the intel 4965 issues) so...everything was going fine until I edited the lilo.conf...I think I set the /dev/..to the wrong drive (my HDD)...I rebooted the laptop and now I cant boot into vista (installed on the HDD) or BT3 (on the usb)...When I let the laptop boot it just comes up with "07 07 07 07 07 07....."

I tried restoring the startup with the vista install cd but that didnt do anything...The absolute final thing I want to do is format the HDD...Can somebody please help me fix this problem...Help is much appreciated

I have a dell with 3 partitions I think (1st is the vista main partion, 2nd is just a small back up and I think the 3rd is dell utils that I cant see in vista but I can in BT3)

Just burned his ISO

u know i have exactly the same problem..after i did the same steps like "badboy165" i obtain this error with 07 07 07 07 07 on startup.
    so plz could somebody help us...
    thx in advance.
    Lunixious.

Use the live-CD/USB to boot into BT3 and after this you will be able to chroot into the HDD installed BT3 and edit the lilo.conf file. Use the following commands and just remember to substitute hda2 with the partition you have isntalled BT3 onto:
    Code:
    mount -o bind /dev /mnt/hda2/dev
    chroot /mnt/hda2 /bin/bash
    nano /etc/lilo.conf
    lilo -v
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the reply...I actually managed to get this sorted by installing vista again on the back up partition...This solved the boot issue then I just formatted the partition...

I have a quick Q...can I upgrade the kernel on the live usb without persistence?
    I have an Intel 4965 and I cant inject with this card unless I have a kernel above 2.6.25.9 (I managed to get this card working with ubuntu 8.10...but I prefer BT3)

i cant get into my xp now i have bt3 how can i fix this so i can get into both on a menu ?

help sum1 how do i enable my eth0 device its a laptop network intel pro 100 ve device lol?

Quote Originally Posted by badboy165 View Post
    I have a quick Q...can I upgrade the kernel on the live usb without persistence?
    I have an Intel 4965 and I cant inject with this card unless I have a kernel above 2.6.25.9 (I managed to get this card working with ubuntu 8.10...but I prefer BT3)
    Well yes you could, the only problem would be that as soon as you reboot after the kernel upgrade you will be back at square one with the original kernel. I guess that it could be possible to re-master the image you boot from using the USB device, but in my opinion this will be both a harder and technically inferior solution to the problem.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

You'll also end up breaking dependencies with different programs.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by jamied_uk View Post
    help sum1 how do i enable my eth0 device its a laptop network intel pro 100 ve device lol?
    Check the tutorials and guides section or try searching there are numerous threads on getting your network cards working.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.