Thread: cisco pci 340 BT3

Just burned his ISO

Default cisco pci 340 BT3

I have installed vmware server along with backtrack 3 for my guest OS. I have a Cisco Aironet 340 pci (checked it's compatable) card that works when in kubuntu. After help from this forum I managed to get both my wifi card and lan card working at the same time (knetworkmanager would not activate both).
    My problem is when firing up BT3 within vmware server, BT3 cannot see my wifi card. When I do an lspci in BT3 it is not shown. In guest operting settings for the virtual OS I have tried adding another ethernet card but this just gives me another virtual LAN based card.

What do I need to do to get BT3 to see my wifi card?

Vmware will only see usb cards as wireless, all other typesof cards will only be seen as wired.
    The same holds true for any visualization software.

Just burned his ISO

Is this why I do an 'iwconfig' I get no wireless extenions found. So far I have an eth0 and an eth1. eth0 has picked up dhcp address from my router. eth1 is still trying to pick up an address. I have entered my wireless settings in kwlan but it's stuck on 'requesting ip address' and the kwifi manager says it's disabled.
    Both my ethernet cards are set to bridged in the OS settings

right then. I am now running the iso cd image and my results are the same, nothing under lspci

I have been doing some more reading on the forum and I see using bt3 in vmware with a pci wifi card has issues so I will try and boot from usb on my pc instead,

cheers