Thread: after i have 10 digit code...

Just burned his ISO

Default after i have 10 digit code...

hi, firstly i will explain so i dont get any missunderstandings.
    me and my mate live next door to each other and we keep beting each other about computers, yesterday he said to me theres no way you can get into my network so i do have persmission to access it. so im not doing anything wrong.

so my question is...
    i have scracked the wep key and i have got the code which was:
    12:AB:CD:EF:34

i then booted in windows and typed that into the wep key area and it connects but then doesnt allow me to access the internet so surely that means im not actualy connected... as it said limited or no connectivity.

i have read posts like this and all i saw was people saying if this is your own network you should know your wepkey and see if it is right or not.. but i dont know the wep key as he wont tell me because its a bet.

what i did was:
    Code:
    airodump-ng -c [channel] -w [networkname] --bssid [the bssid of ap] eth1
    then i did
    Code:
    aircrack-ng -n 64 --bssid [bssid of ap] [networkname]-01*.cap
    i got it was 100% succesful and i got that key i posted before. Im very nooby at this so if someone could kindly tell me step by step how to do this it would be most apreciated. Thanks.

This sounds a little shady, but if it is a bet your friend won't mind if you get a little closer to the ap, This may solve your problem.
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

Just burned his ISO

hi, thanks but didnt catch any of that. if you mean taht im bettng my freind wont mind if i can get his ab no, he bet me that i cant get into his ap.

There is no need to fire up Windows to be able to connect to the AP. Simply try the following commands in BT instead:
    Code:
    rm /etc/dhcpc/*
    iwconfig eth1 mode managed
    iwconfig eth1 essid "NameOfAP"
    iwconfig eth1 key 12:AB:CD:EF:34
    ifconfig eth1 up
    dhcpcd -d -n eth1
    Now providing that you are close enough to the AP, which is what pynstrom was referring to in his post, you should be successfully connected after this.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

hi thanks Tron that command works but i need to know how to connect in windows because when i show him i dont want him to see that i am using backtrack or soon he will learn how to use it and most likly have more free time to get better than me. so thanks but how can i connect in windows?

thanks in advance.

Just burned his ISO

Default connect with wep in windo ws?

can someone kindly please tell me how i connect in windows with this decrypted wep key... it said it was 100% decrypted and as i said before i dont know what the actualy key is because i am in a bet.. and i want to connect in windows because i dont want him to see that i have backtrack because he has more spare time than me and he will become way better than me.
    so how can i connect in windows?
    thanks.

You have the key (because you decrypted it) yet you don't know what it is??

If you cannot even connect to an available AP, for which you have the WEP/WPA key, from within Windows with its ridiculously simple WZC utility, then there's just no hope for you

Anyway, this question belongs in a Windows forum..........

Also, a quick read of the forum rules would be a good idea.