Thread: BT2 USB boot problem

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy BT3 USB boot problem

Hi,
    Problem 1:
    I copied Boot and BT3 folder in my pendrive, when i boot from usb nothing happens and a cursor blinks for 10-20mins then i just restart. i tried this 2-3 times.

Problem 2:
    i had this prob with Auditor Linux boot cd, it boots up but after selecting resulution it hangs up saying "init botting process" .

I have Kingston 1GB data traveller Pendrive and Dell vostro 1400N laptop.

tell me wat could b the problem.
    thanks

After you copied boot and bt3 folders onto usb did you go into th boot folder and double click th bootinst.bat while in windows or run th bootinst.sh if using linux?

Just burned his ISO

Problem 1:
    I copied Boot and BT3 folder in my pendrive, when i boot from usb nothing happens and a cursor blinks for 10-20mins then i just restart. i tried this 2-3 times.
    Akintoo already gave an answer, I'll just repeat it even more clear. Open folder BOOT on your pendrive and run BOOTINST.BAT if you're in Windows or BOOTINST.SH if in Linux. These batch files will make your USB device bootable once and for all.

Er... On my laptop, BT3 on a USB pendrive boots, loads, configures and it's ready to use in exactly 49 seconds. If you can wait 10-20 mins while nothing happens and still hope that something will, you must be a Vista user!

Problem 2:
    i had this prob with Auditor Linux boot cd, it boots up but after selecting resulution it hangs up saying "init botting process" .
    When a machine hangs up it usually doesn't tell you because... it's hung up. ;D The message is about what the computer was doing before it got stuck, that is simply booting. You have a fatal software/hardware incompatibility during boot and there is no simple way to solve it (or no way to solve it, considering you can't change the configuration on the CD). Unfortunately, due to proprietary solutions and specific machine settings, this problem is particularly common on laptops. I give for granted you have already tried different boot options, screen resolutions etc. so my advice is to forget about Auditor and stick to BT3. This is a decision you won't regret.

Sorry if I sound like I'm laughing at you because I'm not. That's what a newbie is all about, not knowing things and asking about them, right? Hope I've been helpful.

Johnny

Just burned his ISO

Yeah, thanks for the reply, i didnt executed bootinst.bat, i will try that as soon as possible.