Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No display - black screen

Just burned his ISO

Just tried it. When bt was loading, it said that ati.lzm couldn't be located, and suggested a corrupted download. I'll download it again (and this time without downloading it directly to the usb drive), but could this be because the ati.lzm file that you linked me to was for bt2? I'll see if I can find anything newer in the meantime.

tell me if you can find anything newer because im having the same exact problem you are. i tried every last thing ever mentioned to get this to work, but loading the ati module. its my last hope lol...

it cant find it nor does it load when BT starts up, i placed it in teh modules folder

well let me know if you figure anything out

EDIT:
    im going to try this too
    http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/l...64-radeon.html

i figured it out!
    this is how i got BT3 to work on my USB stick with my ati radeon x1250 card

do this

download this driver

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/l...64-radeon.html

save it to your BT3 folder on your usb stick

now start bt3 with acpi=off noapic

login root/toor

then do these following commands

cd /mnt/sdb1 (yours may be different)
    cd BT3
    cp ati-driver-installer-8-7-x86.x86_64.run /root
    cd /root
    ati-driver-installer-8-7-x86.x86_64.run

youll get the installer, go through the installer, and when its done
    itll bring you back to the console just type startx and go

EDIT:
    the only thing is i dont know how to get this to save, so i have to go through all of that everytime

actually people should probably go to this link http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

to find the correct driver, as the one linked earlier is 64 bit and not sure which card its fore...

but I'm gonna give that a shot, I installed the drivers from the ATI site before... but I'll give it another go

youre right.. i just posted that one because it worked with the radeon x1250's, probably most of the x1200 series too for intergrated cards.

on a side note
    its important you copy that file to /root and cd to /root and run it from there

EDIT:
    if you can, can you tell me the steps youre going about doing this (if it fails, obv you wont need to if you get it going)

well last time this is what I did

1. went to the AMD site and got the correct ATI driver for my card.
    2. ran the installer with --buildpkg Slackware to create the slackware packages.

once that was done, nothing was changed, couldn't use aticonfig or anything.. just tried it again, heres what I did

1. using the same driver from before just ran the installer with no arguements and used automatic/default for everything...
    2. aticonfig worked! so I used that, started X over again, and now its using the proper driver...

so in the end, I guess I was trying to make it more complicated than it needed to be...

awesome, glad to hear everythings working now

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the help, guys, I'll try that later tonight (I've been pretty busy today). Honestly, this is the most help that I've gotten in a forum with any OS.

Quote Originally Posted by lanec42 View Post
    Thanks for the help, guys, I'll try that later tonight (I've been pretty busy today). Honestly, this is the most help that I've gotten in a forum with any OS.
    thankyou lanec im glad to hear that, this forum has helped me with so much im happy to know i could give back to it in some way, let me know how everything works out for you

same here, through all the tutorials and asking questions and helpful members, I have learned more here than any other linux resource I have used... (and I have tried alot)

another good place for problems like this, (well video/compiz related) is the compiz forums, I found them googling an error I had, and seems they are pretty thourogh

Just burned his ISO

still won't work.

I followed the instructions with the 64-bit driver that you mentioned, and I still got the same error. I can't seem to find my driver on the ATI website, maybe I have the wrong model name. I don't know, it's really late. I think I'll call AMD in the morning. Once I get the right driver, I'll try again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast