Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Auto-NDISwrapper/Getting WPA&WPA2 support for AWUS036H in managed mode

Just burned his ISO

Default Lost

You got me lost .
    I don't understand this statement
    What you need to do is make sure that you choose to use auto-NDISwrapper with your Alfa card and not your internal Broadcom card.

What does that means I have to do?
    What command do I have to type and am I suppose to be
    in a specific directory when I do?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    No this directory is not created since auto-NDISwrapper is trying to install the drivers for your Broadcom card and naturally creating a directory with the appropriate name yourself will do no good either.

Since you have more than one supported card on your computer auto-NDISwrapper will detect both and as the very first step ask you for which one you wish to install the drivers. The output you should get looks lke thisMake sure that you choose u for your Alfa card connected through USB. Naturally you will have to connect your card prior to starting the script for it to be detected.

Quote Originally Posted by KenKKK View Post
    You got me lost .
    I don't understand this statement
    What you need to do is make sure that you choose to use auto-NDISwrapper with your Alfa card and not your internal Broadcom card.
    I do not understand how this possibly can be misunderstood. Since you obviously have an internal wireless card, the Broadcom card, and you wish to install ndiswrapper for your Alfa card you naturally have to choose the correct card. When you start auto-NDISwrapper with your Alfa plugged in both cards will be detected and the script will ask you to specify which one is the target card. This is where you need to choose u for your Alfa, which is connected through USB.

Also, no need to add extra empty lines to each of your posts, this thread is getting long enough even without that.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

I think the problem is I do not get asked to choose "u"

My Alfa is connected I start ndiswrapper and no ask me to choose.

Ken

I do not understand how this possibly can be misunderstood. Since you obviously have an internal wireless card, the Broadcom card, and you wish to install ndiswrapper for your Alfa card you naturally have to choose the correct card. When you start auto-NDISwrapper with your Alfa plugged in both cards will be detected and the script will ask you to specify which one is the target card. This is where you need to choose u for your Alfa, which is connected through USB.

Also, no need to add extra empty lines to each of your posts, this thread is getting long enough even without that.
    I had only 1 of the 2 USB cables plugged in. For the heck of it
    I connected the 2nd USB cable and tried it and this time
    I got the "u" now when I type iwconfig I see wlan0

My laptop is a Dell D610 and I also have a D600. More than likely
    not enough current was available yet only 1 cable was fine under
    windows, go figure.
    airodump running right now with success.

Now will I remember all the steps tomorrow?

Thanks again for hanging in there.

Ken

No this directory is not created since auto-NDISwrapper is trying to install the drivers for your Broadcom card and naturally creating a directory with the appropriate name yourself will do no good either. What you need to do is make sure that you choose to use auto-NDISwrapper with your Alfa card and not your internal Broadcom card.

Since you have more than one supported card on your computer auto-NDISwrapper will detect both and as the very first step ask you for which one you wish to install the drivers. The output you should get looks lke thisMake sure that you choose u for your Alfa card connected through USB. Naturally you will have to connect your card prior to starting the script for it to be detected.

Quote Originally Posted by KenKKK View Post
    I had only 1 of the 2 USB cables plugged in. For the heck of it
    I connected the 2nd USB cable and tried it and this time
    I got the "u" now when I type iwconfig I see wlan0

My laptop is a Dell D610 and I also have a D600. More than likely
    not enough current was available yet only 1 cable was fine under
    windows, go figure.
    airodump running right now with success.

Now will I remember all the steps tomorrow?

Thanks again for hanging in there.

Ken
    Glad you got it sorted all out, now that your card is properly detected the rest of the process should be a breeze.

Using only one USB plug should be enough providing the following two points are fulfilled: You use USB2.0 and not USB1.0 and you plug in the right one of the two, the shorter one that is.

=Tron=, thanks again for helping us out, I assume it felt like only one person kept asking the questions;
    however, I want you to know that those questions also helped me sort out my confusion as well.

I have some good news, and I have some bad news;
    The good news is that I have have my ALFA working perfectly,
    the bad news is that I have to eat my hat.
    As I said, "I'll die before using a wrapper"

I find the hardest part of learning anything new is accepting the information as is,
    without any prejudices.

I worked as tech support for one of the largest internet companies in Canada;
    sometimes I just wished that I could reach through the phone line and grab the persons head
    and thrust their nose into the dam F1 key. ......... arrrrrg

Hi !

Just work fine for me ; I believe you're going to be my new God, =Tron=

Quote Originally Posted by greyspace View Post
    =Tron=, thanks again for helping us out, I assume it felt like only one person kept asking the questions;
    however, I want you to know that those questions also helped me sort out my confusion as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan-smithee View Post
    Hi !

Just work fine for me ; I believe you're going to be my new God, =Tron=
    Thank you both for the kind words, and it is nice to hear that you found the tutorial/thread helpful.

I am glad that KenKKK asked all the questions that he did, even though the problem in the end turned out to be caused by the wireless adapter simply not being connected properly. Still, we did manage to cover pretty much every possible reason for the tutorial not working in his case, which should be a good reference for anyone else with problems.

Hi.

I'm posting here again for help about ndiswrapper.

I use the r8187 driver more time than ndiswrapper, how can I prevent it to load by default ?

I've tried to do this by adding the entry "blacklist ndiswrapper" in the file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, but it obviously doesn't work...

Any ideas ?

So, I've searched, but didn't found...

Does anybody can help me ?

Just burned his ISO

Default Mitm attacts with Alfa and a WPA network

Hello!
    I just configured my network to use WPA security and I wanted to do some testing using mitm attacts to my desktop computer but apparently that will not be possible since in order to connect to a WPA network I need NDISwrapper which does not allows me to put the card in monitor mode.... Am I correct here?

Can I use ettercap for ARP poisoning once i connect to my WPA network using NDISwrapper?

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Much thanks for this how-to =Tron=! Was banging my head trying to get my Alfa card going with WPA support. Keep up the good work!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast