Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cannot connecting to WPA access point "ERROR"

Default cannot connecting to WPA access point "ERROR"

GOD!!!!!!!!! I've got my new router and i'm trying to connect to it using wpa_supplicant and i keep getting errors. These are the problems i seem to be getting

GNU nano 2.0.6 File: /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
    ctrl_interface_group=0
    ap_scan=1

network={
    ssid="MYSSID"
    #psk="KEY"
    psk=123456789012345678901234567890
    }

script generated from // http://www.enterprisenetworkingplane...le.php/3594946

Now once i've done that i try to use the script with wpa_supplicant like this

wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

Which is correct??

Then i get this error after that command a ran

ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
    WEXT auth param 7 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
    ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
    WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
    WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 - CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 2 received
    WEXT auth param 7 value 0x0 - Failed to disable WPA in the driver.
    WEXT auth param 5 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported

The key on my access point is correct and my brother who's using windows connects to it fine with no problems :-(. The adapter i'm using is the excellent ALFA adapter!!!!!!

I really need to sort it out been trying now for hours!!!

Please help me really wanna get on the net using my laptop! brother moans when i use his for the net :-( ARGHHHHHHHHHh

The adapter i'm using is the excellent ALFA adapter!!!!!!
    Just re-read your post and edited my post accordingly. Have you made sure that you use ndiswrapper with your Alfa card, as it as far as I know is not possible to connect to a WPA/WPA2 encrypted APs using the default rt8187 driver.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

OOO so i need to use "ndiswrapper" for it to be fully supported? Would i have to use the .inf off the driver disc i got with my card with ndiswrapper? I've used it once i think but i dont know if you can use linux drivers with ndiswrapper with in-turn enables the driver to connect with WPA clients!

TRON thanks for your help tho!!!! Gets really really annoying at times!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phil128 View Post
    OOO so i need to use "ndiswrapper" for it to be fully supported?
    You will need ndiswrapper only to be able to connect to WPA/WPA2 ecrypted networks, to be able to inject and get the card into monitor mode you will still need the default rt8187 driver.
    Would i have to use the .inf off the driver disc i got with my card with ndiswrapper? I've used it once i think but i dont know if you can use linux drivers with ndiswrapper with in-turn enables the driver to connect with WPA clients!
    I believe that the files you need are included on the disc, however it is not the linux drivers you will want to use along with ndiswrapper but the windows version.

I've downloaded the drivers off the net but i ad some problems with ndiswrapper :-(. I'll try the drivers off the Disc when i get back from work then i'll let you know "tron". Thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've downloaded the drivers off the net but i ad some problems with ndiswrapper :-(. I'll try the drivers off the Disc when i get back from work then i'll let you know "tron". Thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Since there have been quite a few questions on how to use ndiswrapper with the Alfa card I decided to do a little write-up. In case you have problems getting it to work you might want to check out the guide at:
    http://forum.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=15497

TRON!!!!!!!!!!! Your a LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly well happy now it all works. The only problem is it seems to not have much range when scanning than the stock driver thats in BT3. Is that something to expect? Or would i have to change the TX power? I dunno if the driver is supports changing the TX power nor i dont want to blow my card until i know the limits of the card using the windows drivers.

TRON!!!!!!!!!!! Your a LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly well happy now it all works. The only problem is it seems to not have much range when scanning than the stock driver thats in BT3. Is that something to expect? Or would i have to change the TX power? I dunno if the driver is supports changing the TX power nor i dont want to blow my card until i know the limits of the card using the windows drivers.
    Ndiswrapper will pretty much only let you scan for and connect to APs, so changing the TX power is most likely out of the question using it. Also, the TX power only affects the power the card transmits at, so it will not have any effect on the number of APs picked up.

I also noticed that significantly less APs are picked up using ndiswrapper than with the r8187 driver. However, it does pick up all the same APs that I can see in Windows and more than this is definitely not to be expected.

MMMMMMMMMM. Well i'm glad its all sorted tho thanks to you! i think the range will be sorted out when i get a better antenna. I can connect to my access point now with no problems :-DDDDD. W00p w00p w00p

Just burned his ISO

has anyone got an answer for this, i have the same error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast