Thread: [HELP] HP WIFI Errors

Just burned his ISO

Default [HELP] D-Link DWL-G132 Drivers

*CHANGED TOPIC!*

Well I am now trying to use D-Link DWL-G132 USB Adopter for wireless @ my desktop computer. My laptop lags alot etc on BT3, so I will just use my computer (as I am now, currently on plugged-in internet).

I saw some post about it but didnt understand much, so can someone please help me out or make a noob guide on how to make D-Link DWL-G132 to work on BackTrack?

Thanks in advance again,

- Ziink

Quote Originally Posted by Ziink View Post
    Well I am now trying to use D-Link DWL-G132 USB Adopter for wireless @ my desktop computer. My laptop lags alot etc on BT3, so I will just use my computer (as I am now, currently on plugged-in internet).
    The madwifi drivers that are normally used with Atheros based chipsets under linux sadly only support pci, mini-pci and cardbus based cards. The only way to use a USB wireless card with an Atheros chipset under linux is with ndiswrapper. Ndiswrapper on the other hand will only give you managed mode, so do not expect to inject or get the card into monitor mode.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for your reply =Tron=.

Hmm, any noob tutorials on setting up Ndiswrapper for my D-Link DWL-G132?

Thanks alot,

- Ziink.

Personally, I'd advise getting a supported card of some kind

Ndiswrapper has very limited functionality - pretty much basic connectivity only. You can forget about using Aircrack suite, etc.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for your reply Re@lity.

I will probably get an cheap laptop that works with BT3 functionally so I can use Aircrack

Quote Originally Posted by Ziink View Post
    Thanks for your reply Re@lity.

I will probably get an cheap laptop that works with BT3 functionally so I can use Aircrack
    Why not simply get another USB wireless card, one that actually is supported and not using an Atheros chipset? Personally I would, as always, recommend the Alfa 500mw card (AWUS036H) but there are more suggestions to be found in the following thread:
    http://forum.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=2191
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the advice Tron!
    I will see if I can find the card =)