Thread: Asus eee 900 multimedia problems

Just burned his ISO

Default Asus eee 900 multimedia problems

Hi guys

I just ran BT3 from my USB stick in my Asus eee 900 to test it before a full installation.
    It seems to work fantastic except that I can't see videos, the KPlayer hangs up, and I have no sound.

I searched the forum, and tried with alsaconf and alsamixer and everything seems to be fine but I cant hear anything.

xmms starts playing the file but there is no sound.

For what I had read BT3 was fully compatible with the eee...

Any help to get the sound and the videos working will be greatly appreciated
    [I]Pain is the sensation of weakness leaving your body[/I]

Just burned his ISO

Hi

Had the same problem (no sound). I've got the sound working by updateing the alsa-drivers to the devel-release (1.0.17rc3).

# wget f__tp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/driver/alsa-driver-1.0.17rc3.tar.bz2
    # tar xvfj alsa-driver-1.0.17rc3.tar.bz2
    # cd alsa-driver-1.0.17rc3
    # ./configure --with-cards=hda-intel
    # make
    # make install

also in my /etc/modprobe.d/sound a have a entry: "options snd-hda-intel model=auto" but I think this isn't nessesary since this should be the default... but anyway... sound is working kow.

HTH

fsormok

Just burned his ISO

Thanks a lot fsormok, I already thought I was the only crazy one without sound in the world
    Anyway I decided to install an Ubuntu Hardy in my eee and have a USB stick with BT3 for the moments I need to use many tools.
    [I]Pain is the sensation of weakness leaving your body[/I]