Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WEP hacking in detail: Mac filter, Dhcp off, still quite safe?!

i guess you haven't noticed backtrack is not for newbies.. if you want to learn and are not in it just to crack wep or wpa networks than learn slax or Ubuntu first than come here and ask for help....

98% of noobs that come here and there first 10 posts are about trying to crack there network is total bullsh*t and we all know it..they just wanna crack there neighbors network and want members here to help them because backtrack is run by commands and they have no clue what there doing..

Quote Originally Posted by Apollopimp View Post
    i guess you haven't noticed backtrack is not for newbies.. if you want to learn and are not in it just to crack wep or wpa networks than learn slax or Ubuntu first than come here and ask for help....

98% of noobs that come here and there first 10 posts are about trying to crack there network is total bullsh*t and we all know it..they just wanna crack there neighbors network and want members here to help them because backtrack is run by commands and they have no clue what there doing..
    Apollopimp i know that, but instead of big mouthing let the admins of the forum deal whit it.
    Or just don't reply if you think that.
    But please stop whit bashing.
    You had to learn it also.

And it are alway's the same people who do this.
    hmmm maby thats the way to get your posting-number up.

All i am saying is, THIS FORUM HAS ADMINS AND MODERATORS.
    So let them do there job instead of jumping to conclusions.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Apollopimp View Post

As all but a rank Linux Noob I totaly disagree. BT3b was one of the nicest live Linux distros I played with even ignoring its security tools. It worked great on every computer I played with it on. I could watch movies, burn DVDs, surf the net, etc. Of course for any of us with a thirst for learning how things work (or don't work as the case may be) BT is an unbelievable resource/tool set ready to be played with for the newb - everything collected and set up by ppl in the know.

Like it or not WEP cracking is interesting - malicious or not. I tried playing with Linux years ago and it wouldn't install on my laptop so I said forget it. I had a course which covered some Solaris stuff so I thought I would try Linux again. WEP was interesting and definately drew me into playing with Linux. Now I have my kids playing with Linux and my disintrest in Linux has changed into a eye opening experience.

Thankfully there are those who understand that they too were noobs and that not everyone learns in the same way or pace.

So to all the ppl on this Forum in particular those who spend countless hours helping - a heart felt thank you for sharing knowledge. I think most of us here live by the principal of teaching and sharing so the trolls and big mouths are just a bump in the road to knowledge...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123