Thread: Source of your Madwifi driver?

Just burned his ISO

Default Source of your Madwifi driver?

Hi, is there a possibility to get the source of the Madwifi driver you are using? I tried several Versions of the driver from the Homepage on my Acer Aspire One, but none was really working (I use OpenSuSE 11). The ones from Backtrack 3 are working fine with it, is there a possibilty I could get the source of the driver you use in Backtrack 3? The WLAN chip is an Atheros AR5BXB63.

The driver that BT3 uses was not developed by the BT team, they just included it on the live cd.

Your best option is to do the same as the BT developers did, and go to the madwifi site and download it yourself.

Just burned his ISO

My only problem was that I couldn't find the correct driver, but now i found it I just needed the actual HAL driver

Cool

i didn't need an extra driver for my acer 3690 bt run just fine as the laptop come out of the box. although i haven't had bt as long as I've had the laptop but i never updated the drivers.
    there was one time (lol) at band camp!!!!!! no not really, but, do they actually exist? band camps? not in the uk they don't. i don't think!!! anyway back to the point i tried aircrack windows version and had to install an updated driver to use airodump. this however had to be rolled back as it stopped me from getting a connection through backtrack and ubuntu. so needless to say i got rid of the updated driver and got rid of windows. not all together mind i use it for downloading with bittorrent. dont know how to do that with bt yet or even if you can!!!! wonder if theres a thread for that?

cya
    I'm smart because I think smart and I think smart because I dress smart thats why I LIKE ME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by blulite View Post
    i didn't need an extra driver for my acer 3690 bt run just fine as the laptop come out of the box.
    This has nothing to do with madwifi drivers, and therefore with this thread, as your laptop's internal wireless card uses a Broadcom chipset, which uses the bcm43xx driver.
    … anyway back to the point i tried aircrack windows version and had to install an updated driver to use airodump. this however had to be rolled back as it stopped me from getting a connection through backtrack and ubuntu. so needless to say i got rid of the updated driver and got rid of windows.
    Do not confuse the windows drivers with the linux drivers for your wireless device. The drivers installed in one OS will in no way interfere with the drivers you use for the same card in a different OS, only change that would stay consistent regardless of the OS is a firmware update.
    … not all together mind i use it for downloading with bittorrent. dont know how to do that with bt yet or even if you can!!!! wonder if theres a thread for that?
    There are several bittorrent clients available for linux, Transmission is one that I find rather good.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.