Thread: Problem with flashplayer 9 for firefox

Just burned his ISO

Default Problem with flashplayer 9 for firefox

Hey,

I need help upgrading to flashplayer 9 on firefox, i have downloaded the install and did the upgrade but i still cant view videos on youtube, i have enabled javascript etc but still does not work, any advice?

and do you guys know where the directory for firefox is?

thanks in advance

are u running has root? If yes make user name and run from it. I can see utube vides without any problem.

Have you made sure to disable the NoScript plugin in firefox, or better yet just allowed youtube in it. You will need to allow both youtube.com and ytimg.com since youtube split their content over these two domains.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

yeah i am running from root and executed the install flashplayer 9 through the shell as root.

Yeap i have added them to the whitelist of noscript, i still cant get it to work. could u guide me through the installation process (upgrading)

by the way, do you know the full directory of firefox?

thanks

There really should be no need to upgrade anything as I just checked to make sure and can view youtube videos just fine in firefox.

To find the firefox directory, or any other file, use the command locate, followed by the file you wish to find. In this case locate firefox should return, among other, the following path: /usr/lib/firefox-2.0.0.10
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

When i visite youtube and try to see a vid, it just told me to either that i dont have the latest flashplayer or my javascript is disabled, so im not sure what to do next.

hey man, nvm i solved it now, thanks for the help, it was due to the location of the firefox, thanks.