Thread: More space

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default More space

Im trying to run some password lists through aircrack on backtrack v3 final live cd like ya do. The problem is the amount of space that you can hold in the root folder. I got me a 1.6gb password file which aint jack compared to the other one i have and it aint even holding that. I need more!

My question is how can i allocate more space when running the live cd, i actually have a 160gb hard drive with more then 100gb free but to my limited knowledge you cant get aircrack to run a file from the physical hard drive, i did try but it didnt wanna do it, it has to be in the root folder or at least in the linux side of things, maybe it dont maybe sombody has a solution without allocating more space but wuteva any advice would be appreciatted!

Quote Originally Posted by Abracadabra View Post
    My question is how can i allocate more space when running the live cd, i actually have a 160gb hard drive with more then 100gb free but to my limited knowledge you cant get aircrack to run a file from the physical hard drive, i did try but it didnt wanna do it, it has to be in the root folder or at least in the linux side of things, maybe it dont maybe sombody has a solution without allocating more space but wuteva any advice would be appreciatted!
    This statement is completely incorrect, aircrack-ng is able to run the wordlist of any mounted drive on your system. Naturally you will however have to specify the full path to the dictionary in case it is not located in the /root directory.

Using a dictionary named WPAwordlist on a drive mounted as hda5 the correct path to use in aircrack-ng would be /mnt/hda5/WPAwordlist.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Ok thats cool and not unexpected that what i said is total wibble wobble lol but before i go googling can i please just clarify the way i understand what u just said is correct.

I need to mount my sata hard drive which is where the list is via the live cd and then i can specify the path in aircrack-ng baring in mind my sata has my xp installation on it.

EDIT: i think i found the answer in another thread