Thread: kismet.conf

Just burned his ISO

Default kismet.conf

Im definetly a Backtrack n00b but im familiar with linux to a point, so basically tryin to edit the source part of kismet.conf its getting the info i need. How do i find out what driver my WUSB54G is using is a big problem, the other thing is lets say for instance the driver is "testdriver" then it would be .... source=testdriver,rausb0, << the third part im not sure what the input would be, can anybody help please ?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abracadabra View Post
    Im definetly a Backtrack n00b but im familiar with linux to a point, so basically tryin to edit the source part of kismet.conf its getting the info i need. How do i find out what driver my WUSB54G is using is a big problem, the other thing is lets say for instance the driver is "testdriver" then it would be .... source=testdriver,rausb0, << the third part im not sure what the input would be, can anybody help please ?
    http://www.kismetwireless.net/documentation.shtml
    http://backtrack.offensive-security....e=HCL:Wireless
    Its in the two links have a look and report back your success for the next person that comes along.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Sure, the second link you provided sent me on my way instantly (havnt spotted that wiki yet, was very useful) i found the driver to be RT73 i edited my kismet.conf as follows source=RT73,rausb0,RT73 ... it worked perfect, this stuffs amazing., hope this can be useful to the next n00b

Me and my brother are well set to cracking our first WPA key now, Much fun!!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abracadabra View Post
    Sure, the second link you provided sent me on my way instantly (havnt spotted that wiki yet, was very useful) i found the driver to be RT73 i edited my kismet.conf as follows source=RT73,rausb0,RT73 ... it worked perfect, this stuffs amazing., hope this can be useful to the next n00b

Me and my brother are well set to cracking our first WPA key now, Much fun!!
    See how much better you feel now that you have sought out the information then read and applied such information to your situation.
    Beautiful.
    BTW nice to see that you followed up by posting what helped you.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.