Thread: wpa wep crack idea

Default wpa wep crack idea

Hi all I come across this script on web fi .sh for cracking wpa without dict watched a vid on it demo'ing and thought of this.

is there a way a fake AP clone could be set up to act as wpa AP and then de-auth the client to reconnect and somehow use meterpreter or key log to capture the wpa key input to re join?

Dont know if this fi .sh uses same formula but just wondered, may be a hoax but seems like it could work . on the vid its feesable for wep.

Regards DEE

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: wpa wep crack idea

Without any sort of link to said video or script it will be hard for us to answer this type of question, which barely has anything to do with BT what-so-ever.

Hi Archangel thanks for reply:

link is here( hxxp://capcomzone.blogspot.com/2009/08/wireless-wifi-hack-or-crack-fish-karma.html) with tt not xxp.

Also it was done in backtrack and is just a automated script or something because i recognise the commands for some of the script. airmon-ng blah blah airodump-ng aireplay etc karma and so on.

Please advise.

Regards DEE

Just burned his ISO

Yeah, ive been wondering about that too, but there seems to be no answers from any1 here. So does that mean it works??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Judging by my brief I'm-at-work-and-surfing-forums-when-I-possibly-shouldn't-be look, all the site is doing is setting up an open wifi point and intercepting any requests to a fake webpage. That is almost bread-and-butter for any wifi attacker, but will very rarely be useful in an office/pentest environment.

Other methods (half-handshake capture, cowpatty -2, etc.) all require a dictionary file.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.