Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: missing tools

[quote==

Are you serious? Just take a look at the three links I provided in my last post in this thread.[/QUOTE]

ok valid point, erm sorry, ive been up most of the night studying backtrack and have read hundreds of posts and threads im just a little tired a little wired and loosing my patience really fast lol maybe i should rest for a while.

hell no

no pain no gain afterall

i will read the threads again

i found it. just shows if you try you can succeed.

"QUOTE" from a reply to xploitz .tut on WPA personal with TKIP
    In case anyone has a brain fart, like myself, this is what is needed to create the .conf file
    bt ~ # kwrite /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

ive got my shit up and running now thanks guys took me loads of attempts but persistence proveailed yey

i feel good now

but back to the studying

btw if any one else has the little amount of linux backtrack knowledge and patience as i do then i urge you please please don't give up its easy once you know how

just a quick note to say how i managed to get everything uo and running.

i followed purehates tutorial on installing bt3 onto usb which has a video tuition on blip.tv named bt3usb this guid is probably the easiest to follow as you also have visual. plus itis an install with changes so when you reboot all of your settings are saved.

next -=xploitz=- tutorial on connecting wpa personal was great. though it took some persistence to get it right eventually. but is does work.

ok thats my guide to easy setup

although not much of a guide as there is no point in me recording my every step as that would be ripping off purehate and -=xploitz=- which i am not gonna do.

tron many thanks to you my friend for pointing me i the right direction.

if i could post links i would provide links to the tutorials i followed. but my appologies for that one im just a newbie. perhaps the admin will let me edit later.

for now though

if you want to use pure hates tutorial for installing usb wih changes goto double you double you double you dot blip.tv and search for bt3usb its the only result under that exact name so isnt hard to find.

and if you need -=xploitz=- tutorial on wpa personal to set up wireless on backtrack then please read the rest of this thread as tron posted a link to it.see post no 6

cya all soon
    byezeebyes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12