Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: missing tools

Wink missing tools

ok so im a total noob no need to laugh!!! i have backtrack 3 installed on my kingston 8gb usb stick. i managed to get the install done first go folowing the copy two files method. it boots first time every time and i was quite pleased that i got this bit right first try.

now then the problem i am having is that most or maybe all of the wpa and wep cracking blogs and vids us aircrack-ng and airodump along with cowpatty and kismet.

i have managed to workout how to use kismet. BUT when i try to run or even find in the menus aircrack or airodump they are not there. do i have to install them or am i mising something from my install.

should i maybe ov burned the iso to disk first.

i opened the iso with power iso copied the two files then typed a few hings into cmd prompt.

all seemed fine untill i tried to find the tools i wanted to use.

can someone pleas help me with this as i am completley dumbfounded i have tried allsorts.

oh and how do i setup a wireless connection with backtrack 3 i have an atheros ar 5005g wireless card.

many thanks in advance
    blulite

Quote Originally Posted by blulite View Post
    i have managed to workout how to use kismet. BUT when i try to run or even find in the menus aircrack or airodump they are not there. do i have to install them or am i mising something from my install.
    Open up a konsole and type in the following commands to fire upp aircrack/airodump/aireplay:
    Code:
    aircrack-ng
    airodump-ng
    aireplay-ng
    As you see the most recent stable version of the programs comes pre-installed and ready to be used on BT3F.

oh and how do i setup a wireless connection with backtrack 3 i have an atheros ar 5005g wireless card.
    Plenty of posts and step-by-step guides on this on the forum already, both using unencrypted, WEP and WPA encrypted networks.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

thanks for your reply tron i will try those commands. i will post again if i hit another wall. i did try aircrack-ng yesterday but something went wrong but i will let you know. obviousley i will hit a few teething problms thanks again much appreciated.

thanks for your reply tron i will try those commands. i will post again if i hit another wall. i did try aircrack-ng yesterday but something went wrong but i will let you know. obviousley i will hit a few teething problms thanks again much appreciated.
    Pardon my question, but why on earth do you post arguing that the aircrack-ng tool is missing from BT3 in case you already used it yesterday.

Wink

i see your point sorry i should have been more specific i used the aircrack windows version. lol also i tried it in terminal but diddnt do the -ng on the end. however thanks to your post i have now got it up and running.

i have been studying a guide to wpa cracking and just followed that once i got your reply. i have still have to setup an internet connection though.

i have tried to connect to my own wpa network using my key and just cant connect. says connection failed all the time. im sure its something simple as was the missing progs.

as you suggest there are many posts regarding the problem and i thank you once again for your help. if hit a snag should i just continnue to post on this thread?

i have tried to connect to my own wpa network using my key and just cant connect. says connection failed all the time. im sure its something simple as was the missing progs.
    I believe that you will find the following threads helpful:
    TUTORIAL: E-Z Connect To WPA Personal With TKIP: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7497
    TUTORIAL: E-Z Connect To WPA2 AES: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9377
    TUTORIAL: E-Z Connect To WPA2 Personal WithTKIP+AES: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7473

i will try xploitz .tut and see what happens. as i say i am a total noob and please excuse me if m asking too many questions here but

(ah there it is theres always 1 eh lol)

for what possible reasons would i not get a handshake after running a packet injection?

is it due to there only being my laptop on the network at the time of injection?

should i wait untill my sister is on her comp then boot her off lol

even if i am incorrect booting my sister off her comp sounds fun mmwwahahahahha

btw have you heard of the random cd tray opening thingy ppl do

To connect to a WPA network, check out wpa_supplicant.

The posts and tuts around should answer your other WPA questions too, like the deauth part to gain the handshake.

Make sure your sister is OK with you experimenting with her connection.

As for the cd opening thing
    Please stick to BT related topics.

ooops sorry about the cd opening thingy. i have just went to start the tut then realised i haddnt saved all the info i needed. what a fool i am lol cant wait till i get my connection running
    i have to keep rebooting. tri boot you see xp, ubuntu & bt3

many thanks if i have any probs i will post tomorrow its like 01.30am gotta work in the morning.

btw what is deauth?

oh and its my connection i am playing with just my sister uses it too she stays over at weekends.

could you please tell me how to create the wpa_supplicant.config file ive read how to do it somewhere and cant find again sure it was in xploitz .tut

i believe it was something to do with a text based file usung kwrite best get looking AGAIN

do you know searching the hundreds of threads for soething so simple is quite exciting i glanced over the idiots corner and even as a noob myself i had to laugh at some of the posts. do ppl not know how to read these days.

btw what is deauth?
    It generally refers to the process of sending specifically crafted packets to an AP, which effectively makes it dissociate with a currently connected client. This will in return force the client to re-connect to the AP to be able to use the connection.

could you please tell me how to create the wpa_supplicant.config file ive read how to do it somewhere and cant find again sure it was in xploitz .tut

i believe it was something to do with a text based file usung kwrite best get looking AGAIN.
    Are you serious? Just take a look at the three links I provided in my last post in this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast