Thread: mount error after bt3 installed.

Default mount error after bt3 installed.

I can installed BT3 and successfully can boot from it. But when i try to access my sda3 which is BT3 partition it doesn't show me any folder. Why? Because it's unmounted. But when I try to mount it doesn't allow also. Also, I cant access my flash drive from which I had installed BT3.

Also, when i open qtparted it shows me this in console:

No Implementation: Support for opening ntfs file systems is not implemented yet.
    No Implementation: Support for opening ntfs file systems is not implemented yet.
    Error: File system was not cleanly unmounted! You should run e2fsck. Modifying an unclean file system could cause severe corruption.

Now, if i can run BT3 from sda3 then why cant i access it? .

Here is the screenshot?

Does it have anything to do with the root and main partitions? I have only one partition for root and main ..

Thanks.

What command do you use to manually mount sda3? Also, did you make sure to actually create the mount point prior to mounting the drive?

Use the following command to create the mount point:
    Code:
    mkdir /mnt/sda3
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Developer

you should probably also edit your /etc/fstab file just for good measure. In it you can define the partitions to be mounted at boot and where they will be mounted to. There are also options for auto and non auto mounting. More can be learned about fstab here

Thanks i can now mount the partition and access it. But still why does it shows me this when i start qtparted?

Error: File system was not cleanly unmounted! You should run e2fsck. Modifying an unclean file system could cause severe corruption.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    you should probably also edit your /etc/fstab file just for good measure. In it you can define the partitions to be mounted at boot and where they will be mounted to. There are also options for auto and non auto mounting. More can be learned about [...]
    Thanks for the link, but BT3 live management of the /etc/fstab is quite different. As it's been rewritten at any boot, even if I include it in /changes/ stuff.

Is there any clean way to manage it or add customized stuff which won't be replaced by the startup procedure ?
    I'm lookin for such guilty scripts , but I'd prefer the orthodox way, if any

Thanks for any answer

..._