Thread: Dell XPS M1530 With Intel 4695AGN

Just burned his ISO

Default Dell XPS M1530 With Intel 4695AGN

Hello folks, been browsing around the internet to see if this setup is compatible with BT3 and the aircrack suite of tools. Looking at the remote exploit compatibility page, it says the laptop works out of the box, but then I have found a lot of people saying that the intel card does not work so it seems to conflict.
    On trying it myself, I get an error when I try to restart the WLAN0 after MAC change.
    The error states:
    error: Neither the sysfs interface links nor the IW command is available. Please download and install IW from ht tp://dl.aircrack-ng.org/iw.tar.bz2
    Could somebody let me know if this error is hardware related or something else, before i go out and buy a new wifi card from the suggested list?

Thanks.

By the looks of things this card is currently not supported for injection. But before you run out and buy an 3945ABG, it does take quite a while for Intel cards to become supported. I still remember when WifiWay was the only way to injectwith the 3945, now with Backtrack, its childs play.

If you must have injection now, buy an atheros card or 3945ABG
    If not, wait and see.

Just burned his ISO

I also have this card in my HP Pavilion dv9700 and I have managed to run in monitor mode using iwconfig command(something like iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor).
    However, I am not able to connect to any network(even knowing the WEP/WPA key)... Also, when trying to crack the wep, it does not detect any ARP packets.

Just burned his ISO

error: Neither the sysfs interface links nor the IW command is available. Please download and install IW from ht tp://dl.aircrack-ng.org/iw.tar.bz2
    Could somebody let me know if this error is hardware related or something else, before i go out and buy a new wifi card from the suggested list?

i hust bought 3945abg and am trying to start monitoring but i get the same error any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by m4rio52001 View Post
    i hust bought 3945abg and am trying to start monitoring but i get the same error any ideas?
    Your commands should be:

Switch to monitor mode:
    Code:
    modprobe -r iwl3945 && modprobe ipwraw
    Switch back to managed mode:
    Code:
    modprobe -r ipwraw && modprobe iwl3945
    edit: provided that you use any bt3 version
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem