Thread: File size changes!!! netcat

Default File size changes!!! netcat

is there a limit to the size of a file that you can send threw netcat?

after i send a few files threw, the size of the file likes to change(it gets smaller)

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    is there a limit to the size of a file that you can send threw netcat?
    AFAIK there is no upper limit to the size of files that can be sent through netcat. You might still want to make sure that you use a reliable connection, especially if connected through wireless, since I do not know how well netcat handles dropped packets.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

I've just backup and re-imaged a 30Gb partition using netcat {CloneZilla} with no problem.

/* Are you coping to a different partition type from BT3 {Ext2/3} to NTFS/FAT32 {Windows/Dos} if so they have different cluster sizes do that maybe what causing ? /*
    {Quick Info on Topic: IF you have a file that is larger then the cluster size on the disk it will still use up the FULL cluster}

Disclaimer: I haven't had any coffee in a few hours so I maybe be wrong

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by BOFH139 View Post
    I've just backup and re-imaged a 30Gb partition using netcat {CloneZilla} with no problem.

/* Are you coping to a different partition type from BT3 {Ext2/3} to NTFS/FAT32 {Windows/Dos} if so they have different cluster sizes do that maybe what causing ? /*

Disclaimer: I haven't had any coffee in a few hours so I maybe be wrong
    That is an interesting point, don't know if it's true or not, but if you were to copy from a 32byte blocksize to a 16byte blocksize, the files could actually get smaller in the copy.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.