Thread: Book recommendations ?

Just burned his ISO

Default Book recommendations ?

I've been reading all I can on backtrack in the forums and can't get enough, I was wondering what books the senior moderators would recommend for the new members that can give a no nonsense approach to auditing and are there any books written about backtrack 3 because I've seen books on just about every linux distro ever made but not on Backtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by donjuanzx9 View Post
    I've been reading all I can on backtrack in the forums and can't get enough, I was wondering what books the senior moderators would recommend for the new members that can give a no nonsense approach to auditing and are there any books written about backtrack 3 because I've seen books on just about every linux distro ever made but not on Backtrack.
    Penetration Tester's Open Source Toolkit, Volume 2
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Great book !!! (Penetration Tester's Open Source Toolkit, Volume 2) swc666 just went out and got it will be reading it for the next couple of weeks or so , like that its about backtrack and not just testing in general . Any other books you guys could think of ?

P.S. Oh ya also got "Silence on the Wire"will be reading that next thanks thorin.

I'm reading Hackers Exposed 5th Edition(on the 6th chapter). It's really a great book. Then I'm following up with Counter Hack Reloaded.

It takes a long time to get through this book because you see something and then you get the itch to try it out.

I wouldn't say it pertains to Backtrack; But linux rather. Either way, these are good books.

Quote Originally Posted by donjuanzx9 View Post
    Great book !!! (Penetration Tester's Open Source Toolkit, Volume 2) swc666 just went out and got it will be reading it for the next couple of weeks or so , like that its about backtrack and not just testing in general .
    This book was written with BackTrack 2 in mind. Still, most of it is still applicable.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";