Thread: Isolating Network Penetration Traffic

Default Isolating Network Penetration Traffic

Is it possible (and if so, obviously, how do I set it up) to set up two workstation, such that they have access to each other and internet access, but the traffic that I want to use to arpspoof etc. remains only within a certain area, distant from the rest of the LAN.

Hardware I have access to:
    Two Boxes
    Large Cisco 24 Port Switch
    Small Router (Linksys, maybe, I don't know off the top of my head)

I can get other hardware if necessary, just wanted to let you know what I was working with.

I was thinking, but not quite sure, that I could plug the small router into the Cisco and plug the two boxes into that. Does that work? Any suggestions?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by ipndrmath View Post
    Is it possible (and if so, obviously, how do I set it up) to set up two workstation, such that they have access to each other and internet access, but the traffic that I want to use to arpspoof etc. remains only within a certain area, distant from the rest of the LAN.

Hardware I have access to:
    Two Boxes
    Large Cisco 24 Port Switch
    Small Router (Linksys, maybe, I don't know off the top of my head)

I can get other hardware if necessary, just wanted to let you know what I was working with.

I was thinking, but not quite sure, that I could plug the small router into the Cisco and plug the two boxes into that. Does that work? Any suggestions?
    A VLAN would probably work for this, if your switch supports VLAN.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    A VLAN would probably work for this, if your switch supports VLAN.
    Okay, I look into it in a bit. Thanks.

Any one else have any ideas?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

See if this helps out.

A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

IIRC arp traffic does not cross between routers, so would it not be possible just use any two routers? have pc1 and pc2 connected to router a, router a connected to router b, and everything else connected to router b ?
    wtf?

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andy90 View Post
    IIRC arp traffic does not cross between routers, so would it not be possible just use any two routers? have pc1 and pc2 connected to router a, router a connected to router b, and everything else connected to router b ?
    This is what I'm going to do. Thank you for your help guys.