Thread: Creating exploits….

Default Creating exploits….

Ok, so I know the basic concept of creating an exploit. Well a buffer overflow exploit… and I know that metasploit can create shell code for you… but I still have A LOT! to learn, and I wanted to know if anyone could recommend anything? I am already doing a bachelor of computer science. I went out and got myself a book on assembly, I am currently learning high level programming languages, like c++ at uni but I though a low level language would help me better understand the inner workings of a computer… but back to my question, what would you recommend??? I know I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I really would like to be able to create my own exploit. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dissident85 View Post
    Ok, so I know the basic concept of creating an exploit. Well a buffer overflow exploit… and I know that metasploit can create shell code for you… but I still have A LOT! to learn, and I wanted to know if anyone could recommend anything? I am already doing a bachelor of computer science. I went out and got myself a book on assembly, I am currently learning high level programming languages, like c++ at uni but I though a low level language would help me better understand the inner workings of a computer… but back to my question, what would you recommend??? I know I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I really would like to be able to create my own exploit. :P
    Syngress "Sockets, Shellcode, Porting and coding" book is quite good for this purpose

before i go out and buy anything, is this the book http://www.amazon.com/Sockets-Shellc...5671217&sr=8-1

edit: also, i dont want to get anything that is way over my head

Developer

I recommend these three books in this order....

Fuzzing: Brute Force Vulnerability Discovery

Hacking: The Art of Exploitation

The Shellcoder's Handbook: Discovering and Exploiting Security Holes

There are also a few excellent threads already going listing lots and lots of books are members recommend.

Cheers.... Im reading "Hacking Exposed Wireless" at the moment, ill grab one of them next...